In 2017, they didn’t think Virginia could do it – yet, we flipped 15 seats (11 of them women) and in 2019, we got it done! This year, we once again have many outstanding candidates in competitive districts and it’s time to get them across the finish line to #GrowVABluer.
Please share our Don’t Texas Virginia/Grow VA Bluer Fundraiser with friends and family far and wide. Remind them that Virginia is the bellwether state and we have an opportunity to show the nation that the radical right has no place in our schools, boardrooms or courts
This year, 2021:
- I vote in Virginia because….
- This reason matters to me because…
- I hope our future leadership knows…
Tuesday, October 265 – 8pm – Arlington
Grassroots Event with President Joe Biden and Terry McAuliffe
Sign up here
Tuesday, October 26 5 – 8pmVirtual
#DontTexasVirginia Watch Party & Social Storm
Wednesday, October 27 7pm ET
People Power: How to Get Money Out of Politics
Join an exciting conversation about democracy reform, the challenges of big money in our political system, and explore what actions you can take to make a difference. This ‘Town Hall’ will be moderated by Hedrick Smith, Pulitzer Prize-winning former New York Times reporter and editor and Emmy award-winning producer/correspondent. Panelists will review the role of universities, legislators and individual advocates in serving as catalysts for change.Panelists will include:
- Professor Karen Hult from the Virginia Tech Department of Political Science
- Delegate Chris Hurst, representing the 12th District
- Nancy Morgan, coordinator of the VA Chapter of American Promise
Wednesday, October 27 6:45 – 8pm EDT
Get Out the Vote with Cory Booker in Sterling!
Get fired up with Senator Cory Booker and the official campaign bus!
Wednesday, October 27th 7:00 – 8:30 pm ET – Zoom
Racism As a Public Health Crisis
Join to hear from Dr. M. Norman Oliver, as he will delve into Racism As a Public Health Crisis. Dr Oliver is a Detroit native and presently serves as the State Health Commissioner, Virginia Department of Health.
Let’s Get It Done, Virginia
This past week Virginia has continued to be in the headlines.
We are the bellwether state and our efforts in the next week will make the difference.
- Take the VOTER CHALLENGE and post a photo of yourself Voting or Volunteering using the hashtags #iVotedVA #iWillVoteVA #CanvassVA #KeepVABlue. If you have posted a pic of yourself Voting or Canvassing and are OK having it posted on the Voter Challenge page‚ email denis4blueVA@gmail.com
- Find canvassing and phone-banking opportunities to #KeepVABlue at www.virginiagrassroots.org
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.