Everyone has to access healthcare resources at some point. No one is immune. However, that access is lacking for millions of Americans and haven’t we been working to improve this access for years and years. We have an opportunity now if our elected officials will make the right moves. We ask that you make this phone call by close of business on Monday, July 12th AND plan to attend a town hall with Public Citizen to learn more. You can RSVP here.
Here’s the information you need. Once you finish reading through, click on the link and make the calls to both senators. A script will be provided to you.
President Biden put out his vision for recovery—the American Jobs and Families Plan—and it’s a good first step, but it fails to address the ongoing healthcare crises working families are facing, like unaffordable healthcare coverage and sky-high drug prices.
Indivisible is supporting these critical healthcare priorities in recovery:
- Build from Chairman Wyden’s principles for drug pricing reform by ensuring these critical provisions are included in the final bill package:
- Allow Medicare to negotiate prescription drug prices, limit high launch prices, and impose restrictions on increasing prices.
- Ensure low cost prescription drugs are available to everyone, including the uninsured.
- Cap the price of prescription drugs in the U.S. to the average price in peer countries.
- Include strong inflation protections & negotiation enforcement, like tax penalties.
- Expand Medicare benefits to include coverage of essential services such as hearing, dental, and vision.
- Lower the Medicare age of eligibility age and cap out-of-pocket costs for beneficiaries.Healthcare is a crucial part of recovery, but it isn’t the only priority we are fighting to win.Much like we saw in the fight for the American Rescue Plan, the Congressional Progressive Caucus (CPC) has determined their priorities to win a robust recovery. In addition to healthcare, Indivisible is supporting 6 other critical priorities:
- Pathway to Citizenship
- Dramatically Lower Drug Prices & Use Savings to Pay for Public Health Expansion
- Investments in Climate
- Investments in the Care Economy
- Investments in Housing
- Increase the overall size of Recovery. For a more in depth analysis read our Recovery Priorities Resource.
Make the call. Let us know in the comments once you’ve done that.
Resources for the Georgia Legislature
National Calls to Action
Other Ways to Hold Elected Officials Accountable
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.