In 1964 it took standing strong during a 54-day filibuster by Southern Senators to pass the Civil Rights Act. Senator Schumer and the Democrats have to stick to their beliefs and have the courage to put the For the People Act up for a vote on June 21 as scheduled!
Let the filibusters begin.
- Call, text, or email anyone and everyone you know in New York and ask them to contact Senator Schumer’s office and tell him not to waver on bringing the bill up for a vote. Here is his website and his Washington office number(202) 224-6542
- Call or email our senators, Bernie and Pat, and tell them to stick with it, speak out, and not let Schumer let this go.
- Take action. Keep checking the website for current actions. These will be changing as our partner groups figure out the best way to put pressure on the hold-out Senators.
- Use your social media — Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter — for democracy and get the facts out there. Find these great graphics and messages at Voting Rights Lab.
- Stay up to date on the latest information by attending the End Citizens United/Let America Vote Thursday lunch events.
We can get this done,
we just have to stay with it.
What the Hell Do We Do Now? Erza Levin, Co-Executive Director of Indivisible
Through the stories of four determined Wisconsin women, the documentary, Can You Hear Us Now, unravels the way years of one-party control has eroded democracy. As extreme partisanship has become the norm, Wisconsin voters find their lives are increasing irrelevant to state lawmakers.
Film showing (6/27-6/30) and panel discussion (6/30) organized by Lean Left Vermont
At the post-film panel, you will hear from how activists are fighting back in Wisconsin through elections, redistricting and the courts.
Register here for the film and panel and donate to support activists in the fight for fair maps and representation.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.