Follow DemLabs on our NEW social media!
Fundraising videos work. But it shouldn’t cost more to make a video, than the amount you are fundraising.
Use the free Lumen5 app to create compelling videos on your laptop using professionally made, royalty-free video clips and soundtracks.
Neighborhoods Inc of Battlecreek (NIBC) needed to raise $15,000 to support affordable housing but couldn’t afford a video producer. NIBC had never created a video before. This is how they created their own fundraising video in hours with the help of a free online DemLabs video training course.
This fundraising appeal has a simple narrative:
– A framing shot of Battlecreek that local residents recognize
– Who is Neighborhoods Inc and its mission
– How the funds raised will be used
– A call to action and how viewers can make a donation
Aiden Baum at NIBC created this fundraising video with the free Lumen5 app on her Dell Latitude 7410. This is the first fundraising video she created!
– She picked video clips from the Lumen5 catalog that matched the fundraising appeal
– The clips transition automatically from one to the next so the video flows smoothly
– She then added captions to each clip through the app.
– Next she picked an inspiring soundtrack from the hundreds of royalty-free tracks included in Lumen5 offers
– She then published the video which outputs a MP4 file which was shared on social media and uploaded to YouTube
Free video creation training course
Community organizing in Michigan
Neighborhood Inc. of Battle Creek Michigan – promotes stable, healthy homes and neighborhoods by providing services and educational programs focused on low to moderate income families in the greater Battle Creek area.
NIBC’s four program lines include education & counseling, real estate asset management, financial services, and community engagement, each catering to specific needs and interests of the community. Neighborhoods has affordable and exceptional, high quality housing opportunities that attract families to purchase and lease homes throughout the city. This, in turn, provides the workforce needed to retain industry and attract even more residents, jobs, and business to Battle Creek.
Takeaway: Raise more money and spread your message further with videos shared through social media. Save time and money. Create your own videos for free with Lumen5.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.