Who will get COVID-19 stimulus checks? Some want to limit relief to those making less than $50,000. Who would suffer?
How do you convey the details and consequences of such a decision? How can this be done quickly in a form that is easy to understand and share online?
This Storymap shows household income by count and who represents the district in Congress. We took a closer look at West Virginia where 1 in 7 adults and 1 in 5 children are hungry.
Designing this StoryMap
Explaining the consequences of a political decision is hard. We used StoryMaps (a free app) to combine:
- Household median incomes
- Who represent the interests of these communities
- Videos to show the devastation from poverty and hunger
- Political arguments
This information is captured in an interactive map and visual story that can be shared with this link. The StoryMap includes a quote from a recent Washington Post article today. The StoryMap is can be updated at any time with other developments.
Takeaway: Don’t let political doublespeak confuse people. Make your point quickly, visual, interactive and easy to share with the free StoryMap app.
- COVID and hunger collide. Mapping who gets stimulus payments
- Organizing resistance against Republican State Senators’ scheme to suppress Georgia voters
- Want to make your vote count? Learn how to draw redistricting maps.
- Double-talk. Denial. Stupidity. This week’s best political cartoons.
- Answer tough questions on Zoom without breaking a sweat
- How to win friends and influence people – with free internet service
DemLabs is a project of the Advocacy Fund
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.