Volume 2, Issue 34 – December 5, 2020
Q4 State Committee Meeting Notice!
MDP will hold its final state committee meeting of the year on Saturday, Dec. 12th from 12-4PM via Zoom. These meetings are open to the general public and we welcome folks to listen in. State committee members will be voting on new Party leadership for the upcoming cycle including Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary, and Treasurer.
Committee members have unique log-ins that will be emailed to you, but supporters may register to watch the meeting here.
Party Dues Reminder!
Friendly reminder to committee members, officers, and elected officials who may not have paid their 2020 annual dues, please try to get those in before our Q4 meeting on 12/12. If you’d like to go ahead and pay for 2021 as well, please feel free to! Dues amounts are listed below.
If you have any questions or if you’re unable to pay due to hardship reasons, please let our Finance Director Jordan Hunt know at email@example.com.
U.S. Congress & Statewide Offices: $1,000
Executive Committee: $500
DNC Member: $500
State Committee: $200
State Reps & State Senators: $100
You may pay online here or by mail to:
Missouri Democratic Party
4218 Roanoke Rd., Suite 306
Kansas City, MO 64111
Bills Pre-Filed for 2021 Moleg Session
Legislators pre-filed bills for the 2021 session this week and from the looks of it, Democrats and constituents will have our work cut out for us. Some of the highlights include:
- Trying to strip local control away from County Executives and Health Departments to roll back restrictions put in place to fight COVID as hospitals reach capacity.
- Voters rejected Right to Work at the ballot box with 67% of the vote, but Republicans will try again this year to overturn the will of the people.
- Republicans will again oppose MONA, the Missouri Non-Discrimination Act which prohibts discrimination based on sexuality and gender identity.
- The Prescription Drug Monitoring Program failed again last year, despite some bipartisan support for it. This year, we’ll try again to combat the opioid epidemic in our state.
Dress to Chill
Do some safe online shopping and support your state party at the same time. Be sure to order by Wednesday, Dec. 9th to allow for arrival before Christmas! Grab a gift for the Democrat in your life today!
Build A Bench of Grassroots Power!
Municipal elections in the spring of 2021 will be here before you know it! The filing deadline for the general municipal election is January 19, 2021, so MDP is partnering with “Contest Every Race” to recruit Democrats to run for small, local offices like school board, county commissioner, assessor, city council, and many more.
A Democratic Senate is at Stake
Taking back the U.S. Senate is critical in order to accomplish our goals over the next four years. By helping out our fellow Democrats in the Peach State, you can transform the entire country!
Here’s what you can do to help deliver a Democratic majority to our new President:
- Be a Digital Volunteer! If you’re social media savvy, Georgia Democrats need you to help mobilize, amplify, and get-out-the-vote online! Sign up here to start organizing!
- Make phone calls to Georgia voters! Virtual volunteers like you can have a huge impact in these races, so please sign up now!
- Chip in $5 bucks to take the Senate back! Chip in and your contribution will be split evenly between candidates Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock and the Missouri Democratic Party. Triple your impact with just a few bucks!
Let us Promote Your County or Township Club!
Do you have an active local Dem club in your area? We’re compiling info to add to our website and have received lots of interest about how to get involved with very local, county-level or township-level clubs. Shoot us an email with your contact info, name of president, and website or social media accounts to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can make sure supporters can find you! Club Leaders – Do you have rosters for your membership? Please send ‘em our way!
Run a Better County Committee or Democratic Club!
MDP’s County Committee Manual is a 60-page comprehensive guide for Central Committees and Clubs. Topics include: goal-setting, how to organize and run meetings, manage conflicts, how to run phone banks, how to recruit volunteers, how to be active online, and tons more.
Join or Renew Your Membership Today!
Join our grassroots army of dedicated supporters like you to finish what we started and build on our wins in the White House, Senate, and House of Representatives! Become a bonafide member right now! Dues are $35 for most and $25 for Seniors and Young Democrats.
We Have Online Training Resources for You!
The “Portal” is the MDP’s online library of resources where you’ll find training docs, guides, and best practices for candidates, county committee members, volunteers, and staff. Get trained up today and make an impact in your community!
Access the portal here but please allow a couple of days for approval as MDP staff vets all requests to make sure everyone accessing our materials is a Democrat in good standing.
Submit Your Event!
Is your club, committee, or allied group hosting an event? Let us know so we can publicize it on our website. A sense of community is even more important these days as we’re staying home and not gathering together in person. Submit your event here!
Community COVID Testing Events
The Missouri Dept. of Health & Senior Services offers free coronavirus testing pop-ups in communities both urban and rural all across the state. Find one near you here and stay safe!
Stay in Touch!
IMPORTANT DATES & EVENTS
- 12/12 – 4th Quarter State Committee Meeting (Virtual)
- 1/5 – Election Day for Georgia Senate Runoffs
- 1/6 – First Day of 2021 Missouri Legislative Session
- 1/19 – Filing Deadline for spring municipal races. Interested in running?!
- 1/20 – Inauguration Day!
Please be mindful and stay safe as the virus is causing hospitals to reach capacity in some areas of the state. Be diligent in protecting friends, neighbors, workers, and strangers by always wearing your mask. We’ve got a lot to look forward to in the next weeks and months.
Missouri Democratic Party
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.