Hello Ventura Indivisians!
We hope you’ve taken a moment to pat yourself on the back. This past week was monumental (and freaking exhausting!) and everyone did their part – we should be proud of ourselves!
Everyone’s hard work got us this far. We are soooo close. Please find a way to help and push us over the finish line. Here are our best suggestions (so far!):
CA-25 US Congress is too close to call! Connect with voters whose ballots need additional information to be counted. Encourage them to “cure” the problem with their ballots and to return them to the Registrar of Voters.
PHONEBANK Sign up here!
DOOR KNOCK CAMPAIGN Join in here! Connect with voters at the door in required PPE and maintaining distance. Driving will be required. It’s an easy process
Let’s help Georgia flip the US Senate!
Click here to receive postcards to send to voters!
Check out our hero Stacey Abrams’ “Fair Fight” website here.
- Donate here.
- You want to volunteer in Georgia? Sign up here.
- You want to volunteer from your home state? Sign up here.
More places to donate:
- Black Lives Matter – Georgia campaign here.
- ACLU of Georgia – The civil liberties legal group is intensely involved in protecting Georgians’ voter rights both in courtrooms and at polling stations. Donate here.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice Atlanta. Before the November 3 election, the nonpartisan group called 92% of Asian American and Pacific Islander voters in Georgia. They’ll do it again leading up to January. Donate here.
- NAACP Georgia. This nonpartisan branch is quite active in getting voters to the polls, including a partnership with Lyft to facilitate voting. Donate here.
- Galeo. A nonpartisan group building civic engagement in the Latino community. Their substantial voter registration arm aims to make sure that all eligible Latinos are both registered and turn out. Donate here.
- The New Georgia Project. A well-regarded effort to register and engage voters, credited with enrolling over 500,000 people. Though officially a nonpartisan 501(c)3, NGP is associated with Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams. They will be out in force for the next two months. Donate here.
After your calls to action – events and resources! Events (if you are going and interested in carpooling, email us and we’ll do our best to hook you up):
What can I do now? Let’s help Georgia flip the US Senate! Click here to receive postcards to send to voters!
Nov 11 – Online: Calling In the Call Out Culture
Nov 12 – Online: Recommitting to Racial Justice
Nov 12 – Online: Mass Call – All in for Climate & Communities
Nov 13 – Online: “Don’t Sign, Don’t Move, Don’t Panic – Tenant Rights
Nov 19 – Online: “Two Sides of Justice”
Sadly, Oct, Nov canceled due to Covid concerns. See you (hopefully) on Dec. 27 – Free IMMIGRATION LEGAL AID Fair – Volunteers Needed! Every last Sunday of the month we assist residents, alongside immigration lawyers, in filling out paperwork for citizenship, DACA (click here for up-to-date DACA info) and green card renewals. Can’t make it? Help fund this event
EVENTS ARE HAPPENING CRAZY FAST!!! – Our most up-to-date “calendar” of antiracist actions has temporarily been moved to HERE.
You can now DONATE to the cause!
Indivisible Ventura is completely volunteer run and your donation will support the direct costs of organizing in Ventura — things like meeting room rental, posters, art supplies, stamps, transportation, and more! Every part of our country is under threat by this President and Congress. The only way to win is by standing together, indivisible. Indivisible Ventura is one of 6,000 grassroots Indivisible groups across the country.
Contribute today to Indivisible Ventura. Together, we will win.
DONATE NOW by clicking here! Resources:
Indivisible Ventura: How to make your calls faster
Indivisible Ventura: Why do I need to call? My representatives are all Democrats
Archdioceses of Los Angeles: Preparing your Family for Immigration Enforcement (bilingual)
Indivisible Ventura: Are You a Policy Wonk? Here’s How to Track a Bill
What Good Does it do to Write Letters to the Editor?: With contact information, podcast tutorial, and guidelines
Indivisible Ventura: Ten Things to Respectfully Ask a Conservative about Healthcare
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.