Dear Friends —
I highlighted some of these in yesterday’s newsletter, but in case you missed them, here are some last minute volunteer opportunities to help us get out the vote in the last few days of this campaign.
Last Minute Volunteer Opportunities:
- Do you want to do safe, socially-distanced canvassing? Sign up here for a training with the Biden campaign.
- Phone banking for VBM chase and GOTV: Democrats are sitting on almost 100k mail ballots, and we need these to be returned! Help us call these folks to tell them that they should drop their mail ballot off at early voting, or vote in person.
- In-person ballot cure: As of this morning, there are just over 1700 mail ballots from probable Biden supporters that are missing a signature or have a signature match issue. We need volunteers to help track these folks down and help them fill out an affidavit to cure their mail ballot so that it will be counted. This effort will continue through Thursday, November 5.
- Election Day slate cards: We’ve identified the precincts around the county with the largest number of Democrats who vote on Election Day, and we need to staff these with volunteers who will hand out our slate cards.
- Roll to the polls 2020. Need a ride to the poll? Call/Text 305-771-0454. This rides program is organized by the Northeast Miami-Dade Democrats and Evan Shields. Want to help drive voters? See this note from Evan about how to help:
Join our Roll to the Polls Miami-Dade 2020 Team. These are the Avengers delivering Early Vote & Election Day rides to voters in need across Miami-Dade. More info and sign-up here!: https://forms.gle/ghJTS7QTyJAQyzWQ9. Email or call /text Evan Shields from the Northeast Miami-Dade Dems with any questions: email@example.com / (404)-436-7596
There are events happening each and every day from now until Election Day. Here are some coming up:
- Chiva Bus Tour with Sen. Annette Taddeo, Commissioner Daniella Levine Cava and Congresswoman Debbie Mucarsel-Powell: Saturday, October 31, 1:30 P.M. starting at West Kendall Regional Library: Sign up here.
- Join the Haitian American Community for a Poll Promenade to get out the vote at North Miami Public Library, Saturday October 31, 11am-1pm. Sign up here.
- Caribbean Community for Biden event, Saturday, October 31 – 4pm – 7pm at South Dade Regional Library. Sign up here.
- There will be free food from food trucks and DJ’s at several Early Vote sites across Miami-Dade this weekend: North Dade Regional Library, California Club Library, North Miami Library, Joseph Caleb Center, Miami Lakes Community Center, Kendale Lakes Library and South Dade Regional Library.
- I will send more updates over the weekend. Thanks!
Become a Sustaining Donor
The Election may nearly be behind us, but our organization will be here for the long haul. This presidential election will end, but our mandate to elect Democrats to all levels of office in Miami-Dade will remain.
We know this is a tough time for many of us right now, so please know we appreciate you staying involved in any way that you can. Thank you for all you do.
Miami-Dade Democratic Party
Coronavirus Resources: We’ve collected resources on drive-through testing, grocery store hours, unemployment and small business aid and more here at miamidadedems.org/covid.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.