Photo: Sand Beach, Acadia National Park, by Indivisible MDI. Sept. 19, 2020.
“I would like to be remembered as someone who used whatever talent she had to do her work to the very best of her ability.”
Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 1933-2020
We are grieving the loss of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg today, along with millions of others around the country. Tomorrow evening, Mainers will come together to honor her life and legacy with candlelight vigils. We have collected a list of events–there are eight as of tonight–and are updating it on our public Facebook page. All of the events so far will be Sunday evening, after sundown, and all organizers are requiring masks and social distancing.
We have, of course, much work to do to honor Justice Ginsberg’s life-long commitment to equality. And we will do that work. But for now, we mourn.
Rest in power, Justice Ginsberg.
The Suit Up Maine Admin Team
All events below will be Sunday, Sept. 20
- AUGUSTA: 7 pm at the Capital Judicial Center, 1 Court Street. More info HERE.
- BANGOR: 7 pm at the Margaret Chase Smith Federal Building, 202 Harlow Street. More info HERE.
- BATH: 6:45 pm at the Bath Gazebo. Organized by Indivisible Sagadahoc.
- BAR HARBOR: 8 pm on the Village Green. Organized by Indivisible MDI. More info HERE.
- BRUNSWICK: 7 pm on the Brunswick Mall. Organized by Brunswick Area Indivisible. More info HERE.
- NEWCASTLE: 7 pm at Newcastle Veterans’ Park. Organized by Lincoln County Indivisible.
- PORTLAND: 7 pm in Monument Square. More info HERE.
- WISCASSET: 7 pm at the Wiscasset Town Green.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.