Hello fellow Maine voters!
Are you ready to see the Senate candidates debate? We are! Democrat Sara Gideon, Republican Susan Collins, and independents Lisa Savage and Max Linn will participate in the first Senate candidate debate Friday, Sept. 11 at 7 pm. We’ll be watching with Swing Left Maine’s watch party, which begins at 6:30 pm with a pre-debate program on the New Mainers Alliance, an immigrant-led organization that focuses on voter education, registration, and empowerment. Join us early or at 7 pm for the debate, which will feature fact-checks and commentary via chat from University of Maine Political Science Department Chair and Bangor Daily News columnist Amy Fried and Suit Up Maine Co-leader Kelli Whitlock Burton. Sign up for the watch party HERE. And be sure to submit questions for the candidates before the debate to email@example.com. Get ideas for your questions from our Collins guide, The Case Against Susan Collins.
You can also watch the the debate on News Center Maine (NBC Channel 4 in Portland or Channel 2 in Bangor) or via live stream on the Portland Press Herald or Bangor Daily News websites.
The Suit Up Maine Admin Team
On our website you’ll also find:
- Maine Votes 2020: Everything you need to vote November 3, including actions, volunteer opportunities, and links to voter forms.
- Letter to the Editor Guide: Tips on writing LTEs and a list of Maine newspapers that accept them.
- Top Events: A list of upcoming progressive events across the state.
- Guides & Explainers: Resources on complex topics.
- Civic Dashboard: Contact info for your elected officials, tutorials on the legislative process, and more.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.