Time To Get Busy
Team Joe needs your help! Visit the Action Center on New York for Biden for phone banks, texting and other ways to join.
The New York for Biden monthly Unity Call is Saturday, August 15th @ 3PM. Click here to register.
Note: Westchester for Biden’s August 9th call was postponed due to the storm.
Get your Ridin with Biden t-shirt while they last. They come in athletic or fitted cut (there are no fitted smalls left). Please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org for more info about how to order.
Find all things convention at https://www.demconvention.com
Winning swing states – Arizona, Florida, Michigan, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Wisconsin – is crucial to a Biden victory and the twin goal of flipping the US Senate. Click here to adopt one of these states thanks to Vote Save America. “No matter where you live, you can directly support the work of organizers, volunteers, and candidates in the six key battleground states that will be most important to delivering a progressive majority in 2020. Just pick a state below, sign up, and we’ll get you everything you need to make a big difference this November.”
Postcard with IW
Help us reach voters in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Iowa. Email us at IWPostcarding@gmail.com and IW will get you set up with cards and lists. Looking for other ways to get involved? The Indivisible Westchester website has a ton of ideas. Flip the West, Open Progress, Westchester for Biden and more are all here in once place. Click here to take action now!
Census Red Alert
The Census Bureau is halting efforts on September 30th, a full month earlier than planned. Trump thinks cutting the time needed to count all residents will help him politically. But an undercount will hurt states like NY, which could loose crucial federal aid along with up to two Congressional seats.
Now more than ever, it’s crucial that you fill out a Census form and ask that all your friends, relatives, neighbors and others do the same.
Click here to get started.
Governor Cuomo is calling for an investigation into utilities following Tropical Storm Isaias, which left tens of thousands of Westchester residents without power for days after the storm hit. Call your elected officials today and tell them you support and investigation into what went wrong and what can be done about it.
Ways To Help Those In Need:
- Feeding Westchester
- Donate to the New Rochelle Food Pantry
- Donate to WestCOP
- Donate to Family-to-Family
- Coronavirus Care Fund
- Donate to the National Domestic Workers Alliance Coronavirus Fund
- Masks are in short supply. Help out @ www.sewforny.org
- Call (914) 849-GIVE or email email@example.com to contribute to White Plains Hospital’s COVID-19 Relief Fund
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital, in addition to accepting masks, gloves and protective eyewear, would also accept funds for food for the health care workers and old iPads to help patients in hospitals stay connected with loved ones. You can email NYP at masks@NYP.net
- Greenwich Hospital has created a donation page for financial donations. Http://giving.greenhosp.org/giving/covid-19/support/funds/
- Additional ways to help locally
Here are some Domestic Violence hotlines and resources:
- Hope’s Door, Inc. (888) 438-8700 – Provides both residential and non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and Approved.
- My Sisters’ Place (800) 298-SAFE/7233 – Provides both residential and non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and Approved.
- Westchester County Office for Women– Provides non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and Approved
- Family Helpline/Hotline weekdays 9am – 5pm (914) 995-5972
- Weekend and after hours (914) 995-2099
- Spanish Language (White Plains) (914) 995–6581
- Spanish Language (Yonkers) (914) 231-2882
Together, we stand Indivisible against the Trump administration.
Our mailing address is:
PO Box 214
Larchmont, NY 10538
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.