Early Voting is underway and there were some hiccups at the polls this past weekend. If you experience any problems voting in person, call the NY Democratic Lawyers Council (NYDLC) helpline @ (855) 569-3868, from 6 A.M. to 9 P.M.
- Early Voting lasts from now until Sunday, June 21st.
- All registered Democrats can vote in the primary.
- Please check your early voting location by clicking here or find out where to vote in the chart below.
- Click here for more early voting information.
- Primary day is Tuesday, June 23rd.
- Please note that your Primary Day polling location HAS PROBABLY CHANGED.
- Click here to find out Where To Vote on Primary Day.
- If you want to Vote By Mail, click here to apply for an absentee ballot application – check the box for temporary illness – and you will get a ballot in the mail.
- The application is due by Tuesday, June 16th.
- If you have applied for a ballot but have not received it you can go vote in person.
- Your ballot must be postmarked by June 23rd.
March! Sunday, June 21st
Calvary Baptist Church – 32 West Post Road, White Plains.
2 P.M. (lineup in the parking lot starting at 1 P.M.)
Email email@example.com if you are interested in being a marshal for the event.
Click here to read a roundup of the police reforms passed by the NY State Legislature despite longstanding opposition by police unions. Recent protests spurred lawmakers to pass a total of 11 bills during the past two weeks.
Click here to watch our successful virtual Indivisible/Activist forum featuring the seven candidates running to replace Rep. Nita Lowey in CD17. Click here to watch a roundup of candidates running in CD16 and for Westchester District Attorney thanks to our friends at NYCD16 Indivisible. If you are a registered Democrat, please vote in the primary!
Governor Cuomo has extended the deadline for school districts to receive their ballots by a week. Ballots can be mailed through June 16th for New York’s first ever vote by mail school board and budget election. Your school district should have mailed you a ballot with a postage paid return envelope.
Join IW’s postcarding efforts to help elect Democrats around the country. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Sign up for this Monday here: https://www.mobilize.us/mobilize/event/280012
Westchester is gradually reopening. Here is a list of what can open during the four phases outlined by the state.
Antibody testing is now available at the Westchester County Center. Call 914-326-2060 for more information.
Ways To Help Those In Need:
- Feeding Westchester
- Donate to the New Rochelle Food Pantry
- Donate to WestCOP
- Donate to Family-to-Family
- Coronavirus Care Fund
- Donate to the National Domestic Workers Alliance Coronavirus Fund
- Masks are in short supply. Help out @ www.sewforny.org
- Call (914) 849-GIVE or email email@example.com to contribute to White Plains Hospital’s COVID-19 Relief Fund
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital, in addition to accepting masks, gloves and protective eyewear, would also accept funds for food for the health care workers and old iPads to help patients in hospitals stay connected with loved ones. You can email NYP at masks@NYP.net
- Greenwich Hospital has created a donation page for financial donations. Http://giving.greenhosp.org/giving/covid-19/support/funds/
- Additional ways to help locally
Here are some Domestic Violence hotlines and resources:
Hope’s Door, Inc. (888) 438-8700 – Provides both residential and non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and Approved.My Sisters’ Place (800) 298-SAFE/7233 – Provides both residential and non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and Approved.Westchester County Office for Women– Provides non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and ApprovedFamily Helpline/Hotline weekdays 9am – 5pm (914) 995-5972Weekend and after hours (914) 995-2099Spanish Language (White Plains) (914) 995–6581
Spanish Language (Yonkers) (914) 231-2882
Get a Complete Count
Make sure to fill out your Census form today – click here to get started.
Together, we stand Indivisible against the Trump administration.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.