The coronavirus pandemic is impacting virtually every aspect of our lives – including our ability to participate in our democracy.
We’ve already seen the chaos that ensued in Wisconsin when officials failed to provide safe and accessible options for voters to cast their ballots.
Voters should not have to choose between their health and their vote.
On Wednesday, May 20th at 6:30 PM EST, All Voting is Local, Common Cause, the League of Women Voters, Black Voters Matter, Georgia Muslim Voter Projtect, and Asian Americans Advancing Justice is partnering with the Declaration for American Democracy Coalition to host Protect Our Vote Georgia: Defending Democracy During COVID 19.
Join this virtual town hall to hear from state leaders on how everyday people can help win funding and reforms to protect our democracy. RSVP to join us.
The town hall will feature voting rights champions, and special guests:
- U.S. Rep. Sanford Bishop
- Georgia State Rep. Bee Nguyen
- Georgia State Rep. Park Cannon
- Georgia State Sen. Harold Jones
- Cindy Battles, Program Coordinator, Common Cause Georgia
- Wanda Mosley, Senior State Coordinator – Georgia, Black Voters Matter
- Esther Lim, Organizing and Civic Engagement Director, Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Atlanta
- Susannah Scott, President, League of Women Voters of Georgia
- Gayla Tillman, Community Engagement Organizer, Georgia Conservation Voters
- Umer Rupani, Executive Director, Georgia Muslim Voter Project
- Aklima Khondoker, Georgia State Director, All Voting is Local
As businesses remain closed and American’s everywhere are urged to stay home, we cannot take a “business-as-usual” approach to voting.
Congress must take action now to ensure that voters can safely, securely, and efficiently exercise their right to vote while still protecting their health.
As new speakers are added, you can stay up to date on our facebook event page.
We need to act now to ensure that voters in Georgia can safely participate in our elections.
If we act together, we can win the funding and reforms we need to protect our vote.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.