Absentee Voting Made EasyVoting by mail in the June 23rd Democratic primary just got easier thanks to a new Executive Order by Governor Cuomo. It requires that all voters receive a postage paid absentee ballot application in the mail. New York is part of a growing list of states that are relaxing restrictions on absentee voting in light of the coronavirus pandemic. Click here for more primary election updates from Vote Early NY
For daily updates, check out https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home.
Check out the latest information about the Pandemic Unemployment Assistance program. Select county residents and business can now get some property tax relief.
An executive order allows for the elimination of all late fees for county property taxes for those suffering financial hardship due to the coronavirus outbreak until July 15th. Click here for more information.
The Westchester County Department of Health has this tool to help you determine whether you are subject to an Order of Isolation, an Order of Quarantine, or if it is recommended that you Self-Quarantine.
New York has reopened enrollment for those who need health insurance. Click here for more information.
New York has established a free hotline for people to call and make an appointment with a volunteer mental health professional.
The number is 1-844-863-9314.
Westchester County has childcare available for first responders, medical personnel and essential employees during the week in White Plains. For information, email Rosie at Rvf1@westchestergov.com.
Here is a list of Westchester restaurants open for takeout curated by Andrea Stewart Cousins.
Ways To Help Those In Need:
- Feeding Westchester
- Donate to the New Rochelle Food Pantry
- Donate to WestCOP
- Donate to Family-to-Family
- Coronavirus Care Fund
- Donate to the National Domestic Workers Alliance Coronavirus Fund
- Masks are in short supply. Help out @ www.sewforny.org
- Call (914) 849-GIVE or email firstname.lastname@example.org to contribute to White Plains Hospital’s COVID-19 Relief Fund
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital, in addition to accepting masks, gloves and protective eyewear, would also accept funds for food for the health care workers and old iPads to help patients in hospitals stay connected with loved ones. You can email NYP at masks@NYP.net
- Greenwich Hospital has created a donation page for financial donations. Http://giving.greenhosp.org/giving/covid-19/support/funds/
Domestic Violence Hotlines:
New York State
Call (800) 942-6906 for the NYS hotline to help you find safe shelter.
- Hope’s Door, Inc. (888) 438-8700 – Provides both residential and non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and Approved.
- My Sisters’ Place (800) 298-SAFE/7233 – Provides both residential and non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and Approved.
- Westchester County Office for Women– Provides non-residential domestic violence services. OCFS Licensed and Approved
Family Helpline/Hotline weekdays 9am – 5pm (914) 995-5972
Weekend and after hours (914) 995-2099
Spanish Language (White Plains) (914) 995–6581
Spanish Language (Yonkers) (914) 231-2882
Click here if you’d like to help Flip the West call voters in Arizona to ensure that Arizona voters can vote by mail. Flip the West is targeting campaigns in Western states to take the Senate, win the White House, and hold the Democratic majority in the House.
Our post carding efforts to elect Democrats around the country and help register new voters continues. Email email@example.com to get started. We have sent thousands of postcards to voters! Or check out Postcards to Voters by clicking here.
Save the US Postal Service The pandemic threatens the Postal Service, which could run out of money in June. Learn more, sign this petition todemand federal funding and share far and wide!
Make sure to fill out your Census form today! Click here to get started and help NY get a complete count.
Together we stand together to fight the Trump administration.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.