Many regions in Missouri are now under a “Stay at Home” directive by order of mayors and county executives for the next 30 days, so we’ve put together some community resources and ways to stay engaged and active while we’re stuck at home. This is not an exhaustive list though – be sure to follow us, your favorite non-profits, news organizations, and elected officials on social media for the most updated information.
- Stay safe! Knowledge is power, get all the facts on prevention here.
- Red tape around applying for unemployment insurance has been removed, making it even easier for Missourians affected by Coronavirus to receive their benefits ASAP. Get all the info and start the process here.
- There are over 350 Food Pantries serving Missourians in need all over the state. Find a listing of pantries as well as hospital contact info here.
- Though all schools in Missouri are closed, most are continuing to serve school lunches curbside. Contact your local school district and follow them on social media to stay up to speed. Here is some additional info for the St. Louis region and Kansas City region.
- Fill out your U.S. Census! Make sure your city, region, and state receive the proper representation it deserves. It’s never been easier to do it! Check your mailbox, hop online to www.my2020census.gov, or call 844-330-2020 to complete it by phone.
- Follow your local newspaper online and consume the most credible information out there.
- We need your vote! Check and update your voter registration here.
- Make sure you have the contact info for your elected officials from Senator on down to Mayor and everyone in between. Look them up here.
- Stay up to date with the Missouri Democratic Party on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. We are posting the latest news and calls to action everyday!
- Sign up to volunteer for phone banks, text banks, letter writing campaigns, and postcard campaigns.
- Forward this email to like-minded friends and contacts who might need a jumping-off list of resources.
- Forward this email to friends who may want to sign up for email updates.
- Elected officials and candidates are holding town halls and giving regular updates live on social media – make sure to follow them online and join in!
- If you are a volunteer, activist, or member of a county party or Democratic Club – please check out all the resources listed in our Campaigning During Coronavirus guide!
And finally, we’re not stopping the fight to pass Medicaid expansion and elect a new Governor, Congresswoman, and Legislature. In fact, we’re doubling down. But with fundraisers, and dinners, and receptions cancelled, we’re taking a financial hit. If you’re able to step up your personal commitment, make a $5 or $10 contribution right now.
Stay safe, the fight continues!
-Lauren Gepford, Executive Director
Missouri Democratic Party
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.