Trump’s fascist rhetoric, Supreme Court ethics code, Starbucks strike, and more!
*** SUBMITTING YOUR ACTIONS TO ROGAN’S LIST ***
We’ve set up a “tip line” so Rogan’s List subscribers can send in their ideas or submissions for action items at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please don’t hesitate to email and pass on your suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact all members of Congress:
- By phone: (202) 224-3121
- By email: democracy.io
- By US mail: Representatives / Senators
- By fax: Representatives / Senators
- By Resistbot: Resist.bot
Contact White House or other federal agencies:
- TRUMP’S FASCIST RHETORIC & PLANSSounding like Hitler and Mussolini, defeated former president Trump is inventing triggering labels for his political opponents and calling them “vermin,” and threatening to round people up into concentration camps for deportation if he’s re-elected. Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel has declined to condemn his remarks. Trump must lose the next election. Until such time as the Republican Party renounces Trump and returns to the American business of upholding the Constitution, cherishing democracy, and ending its march to fascism, it must lose every election. Let’s start by working Field Team 6 to encourage people to register to vote as Democrats.
- THE UNIMPRESSIVE NEW SUPREME COURT ETHICS CODEAfter months of bad press about ethically questionable behavior by sitting Supreme Court justices, the Court has issued a code of conduct. Many experts are unimpressed, noting that the code has no enforcement mechanism, and the rules themselves are weak. As Rep. Katie Porter said, “A true code of ethics should be enforceable and exhaustive. This half-baked pledge does little to address the egregious ethical violations of the Court. . .” Congressional Democrats have introduced the Supreme Court Ethics, Recusal, and Transparency Act (S.359 and H.R.926), which would require the Court to “create a mechanism to investigate alleged violations of the code of conduct and other laws, improve disclosure and transparency when a justice has a connection to a party or amicus before the Court, and require justices to explain their recusal decisions to the public.” Let’s tell our members of Congress that the new Supreme Court ethics code is woefully inadequate, and we want them to co-sponsor and pass S.359 and H.R.926.
- LEXPAND BERRYESSA SNOW MOUNTAIN NATIONAL MONUMENTA coalition of Native Americans and environmental activists in Northern California is calling on President Biden to use the Antiquities Act to expand the Berryessa Snow Mountain National Monument. The area is sacred to the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation and also serves as a critical corridor between other protected areas for tule elk, mountain lions, and black bears. Senator Alex Padilla and Representatives Garimondi and Thompson are echoing the call, and Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland has recently visited the area to consider the request. Let’s learn more at expandberryessa.org, and then let’s contact the White House and Secretary Haaland and ask that this land be preserved.
- STARBUCKS WORKERS UNION TO STRIKE THURSDAY
In the face of intense pressure and numerous labor law violations by corporate, the Starbucks Workers Union has now organized 360 stores. Their next major push will be a Red Cup Rebellion one-day strike this Thursday, November 16th, and union members are asking customers and allies to hold solidarity actions outside non-union stores to support the effort. Let’s attend an event near us, or organize one if no one else has.
- HELP SAVE THE AFFORDABLE CONNECECTIVITY PROGRM (ACP)The federal government’s Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) helps provide essential Internet service by offering discounts up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying tribal lands. Unless Congress acts soon, this program will end mid-next year. So many people rely on this successful program for their jobs, their education, and their social interactions. Let’s tell our MoCs that we want this program funded and extended
- FL: FLIP A STATE HOUSE SEAT IN JANUARY SPECIAL ELECTIONDemocrats hope to flip a Republican seat in the state House during a special election early next year. “Erika Booth (R) and Tom Keen (D) will face off on Jan. 16 to fill the vacancy left when former Republican state Rep. Fred Hawkins resigned earlier this year to become president of South Florida State College in Highlands County.” We can support Keen’s campaign here.
Thanks for reading Rogan’s List! Subscribe for free to receive new posts and support my work.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.