Vote TODAY – Tuesday November 7th!
TODAY is the General Election for several critical races in our county; the State Senate District 42 Special Election, and your local municipal elections. Here’s what you need to know:
When can I vote?
- Polls are open until 7:00pm, today, Tuesday November 7
Where can I vote?
- Your normal polling location (look it up here)
Who do I vote for?
- State Senate District 42 Special Election: Rep. Deon Tedder is the Democratic Nominee and will be an excellent State Senator for our area. He needs your vote in this election to defeat a MAGA Trump Republican candidate and keep this seat in Democratic hands after the retirement of former State Senator Marlon Kimpson. (Check the map here to see if you live in Senate District 42)!
- Municipal Elections: Several cities and towns are holding Municipal Elections today (Awendaw, Charleston, Folly Beach, Isle of Palms, James Island, Lincolnville, McClellanville, Mt. Pleasant, North Charleston, Ravenel, Rockville, Seabrook Island, and Summerville). These are non-partisan elections and the Charleston County Democratic Party does not officially endorse or support candidates without a party affiliation. We strongly encourage voters to learn more about their non-partisan candidates through local media outlets (here and here) and other reputable voter guides (here).
How do I find more information about voting?
- On www.SCvotes.org you can confirm your registration, polling location, view your sample ballot, and much more!
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll direct you to the resources you need!
What’s this I’ve heard about runoffs?
- Some local elections, including for the City of Charleston’s Mayor and Council, require a runoff if no candidate receives more than 50% of the vote in the general election. If a runoff is necessary in any race, it will be held on November 21st. We’ll keep you posted on what you need to know if & when that happens!
Stay Current on Charleston County Democratic Happenings!
As a reminder, this full newsletter is now being published monthly on the 1st of every month (apologies this one was a few days late), but there are several other ways to stay up-to-date on news, events, and other information in-between newsletters:
- Follow our Facebook page.
- Regularly check the Calendar and News pages on our website.
- Search for Charleston County Democratic Party events on Mobilize.
- We will still send ad-hoc email event reminders and action alerts as necessary throughout each month.
Visit our calendar at charlestondemocrats.com/calendar
for the most up-to-date listing of local events.
|Charleston Democrats Monthly Meeting & Blue Jam Volunteer Training Session|
Join us for our monthly meeting at the Charleston County Democratic Party headquarters at 6:30 pm on November 16. This will be a working meeting as we go over the details for our annual Blue Jam rally on November 18 and will serve as the volunteer training session so please attend if you are willing and able to assist with Blue Jam!
|2023 Blue Jamboree|
Join us for the official kickoff rally for the 2024 election season! Blue Jamboree is the annual tradition where our most active and supportive local Democrats have their first opportunity to meet the Democratic candidates who will be on their ballot in the upcoming election year.
7 PMEast Cooper Democrats Monthly Meeting
Join the East Cooper Democrats for our monthly meeting on Tuesday, November 28th, at 7 p.m. For our November meeting, we will discuss Organizing to Elect Democrats in 2024 and hear from East Cooper Democrat member Cate Mayer on her organization Be The Ones.RSVP Here>
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.