2023 General Election Early Voting has begun!
Starting this week residents of Charleston County can vote early in several key elections; the Senate District 42 Special Election, and your local municipal elections. Here’s what you need to know:
When can I vote?
- Early Voting: 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday Oct. 23 – 27 and Oct. 30 – Nov. 3
- Election Day: 7:00am – 7:00pm, Tuesday November 7
Where can I vote?
- Early voting: All registered Charleston County Voters (with an election to vote in) can vote at any of the following four locations during the early voting period:
- Charleston County Board of Voter Registration and Elections: 4340 Corporate Rd., North Charleston, SC 29405
- Downtown Main Library: 68 Calhoun St., Charleston, SC 29401
- Mt. Pleasant Seacoast Church: 750 Long Point Rd, Mount Pleasant, SC 29464
- West Ashley Seacoast Church: 2049 Savannah Hwy, Charleston, SC 29407
- Election Day: your normal polling location
Who do I vote for?
- State Senate District 42 Special Election: Rep. Deon Tedder is the Democratic Nominee and will be an excellent State Senator for our area. He needs your vote in this election to defeat a MAGA Trump Republican candidate and keep this seat in Democratic hands after the retirement of former State Senator Marlon Kimpson. (Check the map here to see if you live in Senate District 42)!
- Municipal Elections: Several local cities and towns are holding Municipal Elections this fall (Awendaw, Charleston, Folly Beach, Isle of Palms, James Island, Lincolnville, McClellanville, Mt. Pleasant, North Charleston, Ravenel, Rockville, Seabrook Island, and Summerville). These are non-partisan elections so the Charleston County Democratic Party does not officially endorse or support candidates without a party affiliation. We strongly encourage voters to learn more about their non-partisan candidates through local media outlets (here and here) and other reputable voter guides (here).
How do I find more information about voting?
- On www.SCvotes.org you can confirm your registration, polling location, view your sample ballot, and much more!
- Reach out to email@example.com and we’ll direct you to the resources you need!
Stay Current on Charleston County Democratic Happenings!
As a reminder, this full newsletter is now being published monthly on the 1st of every month (apologies this one was a few days late), but there are several other ways to stay up-to-date on news, events, and other information in-between newsletters:
- Follow our Facebook page.
- Regularly check the Calendar and News pages on our website.
- Search for Charleston County Democratic Party events on Mobilize.
- We will still send ad-hoc email event reminders and action alerts as necessary throughout each month.
Visit our calendar at charlestondemocrats.com/calendar for the most up-to-date listing of local events.
|SAT OCT 28 10 AM|
SC Democratic Party: Spratt Issues Conference
The Spratt Issues Conference provides a platform for Democrats to come together from across South Carolina to discuss solutions to the challenges facing the Palmetto State. Join Keynote Speakers US Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona and US Congressman Ro Khanna this weekend!
|MON NOV 6 6 PM|
Charleston County Democratic Women – November Meeting
We would love to get an update on what is going on in with the County party and the best way we can can help as we move into the 2022 election season, Sheriff Graziano will also be speaking at this meeting. We meet at Frothy Beard Brewing, social time at 6PM, meeting from 6:30 to 7:30.
|SAT NOV 18 12 PM|
2023 Blue Jamboree
Join us for the official kickoff rally for the 2024 election season! Blue Jamboree is the annual tradition where our most active and supportive local Democrats have their first opportunity to meet the Democratic candidates who will be on their ballot in the upcoming election year.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.