We’re partnering with Young Dems Washtenaw and others to bring the Party together for 2024! We hope you’ll join us this Sunday, 10/22, 1-4 pm, at County Farm Park, main pavilion, to enjoy —
- Warm, healthy vegetarian fare from VegMichigan, a local nonprofit promoting the health, environmental, and ethical benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Desserts by Cinnaholic.
- Music by DJs from the Michigan Electronic Music Collective (MEMCO).
- A fabulous playground just steps from the pavilion.
Meet with legislators, get to know partner organizations, celebrate our accomplishments, and build our network for 2024.
Together, we’ve got this!
In partnership with:
- Veg Michigan
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, Local 252 (IBEW)
- Huron Valley Area Labor Federation (HVALF)
- MDP Veterans and Military Families Caucus
- WCDP Black Caucus
- WCDP Western Washtenaw Caucus
Let us know if you can make it at https://www.mobilize.us/washtenawdems/event/585117/
Help staff our 2024 Kickoff at County Farm Park on 10/22! We need help with set-up, clean-up, and general event support. Sign up here, and thanks!
Watch the October Meeting & Program on Homelessness
On Saturday, October 14th, the WCDP held a meeting to discuss the housing and homelessness crisis, potential solutions, current efforts, plans to address the crisis across the county and what we as concerned residents can do to help.
The program also included a Congressional Update from Congresswoman Debbie Dingell and a presentation on Washtenaw Resilience Srategies Presentation by Evan Pratt, Washtenaw County Water Resources Commissioner.
For further information about the Affordable Housing crisis in Washtenaw County see: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboard…. When you click the link a login screen may pop up, but you can just close that.
Young Dems Washtenaw – Join us!
YDW has a logo, thanks to Sarah Rose, and lots of upcoming events, thanks to the growing leadership team. All Young Dems – that’s 16-36 – are invited to all events! Please join the team to turn out the mighty youth vote in Washtenaw County, from Manchester to Milan, Salem to Sylvan! Opportunities to meet friends and get involved:
- Sunday, October 22, 1:00 – 4:00 pm (noon for YDW meeting): WCDP/YDW picnic, County Farm Park Ann Arbor, main pavilion
- Sunday, Nov. 5, 2:00 – 4:00 pm: YDW welcome, socializing & organizing meeting, West Side Room, Westgate Branch AADL
- Sunday, Dec. 3, 2:00 – 4:00 pm: YDW welcome, socializing & organizing meeting, Location TBD
- Sunday, Jan. 7, 2:00 – 4:00 pm: YDW welcome & organizing meeting, Multipurpose Room, Downtown AADL
10am-4pm, Tuesday, November 14, IBEW Local 252 Union Hall
7920 Jackson Road, Ann Arbor.
Help us celebrate another great year of training the next generation of local electrical workers!
This Open House spotlights women in apprenticeship, celebrated by the Ann Arbor Electrical Joint Apprenticeship Training Center (AAEJATC). All of the AAEJATC women apprentices and most IBEW 252 women journeymen will be in attendance to answer questions and lead tours of the facility.
- Manufacturer training partner Jim Tolzdorf of Madison Electric, with products on display.
- W4 Country radio, broadcasting live.
- Members of apprentice-run charity Union4Life, presenting a check to UM’s Rogel Cancer Center for breast cancer research.
Everyone’s invited – local politicians, civic and business leaders, all schools! We hope to see you there. Free hot dogs and soft drinks will be served. This Open House is part of NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP WEEK – November 13-19.
Meet your representatives
State Representative Carrie Rheingans (District 47) will host a constituent coffee hour at the Summit Township offices located at 2121 Ferguson Road, Jackson, MI 49203, on Monday, Oct. 23, from 8-9:30 a.m. If you plan on attending, please let my team know so we can keep an accurate head count and make sure to bring enough coffee: message CarrieRheingans@house.mi.gov
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.