We stand with the people of Israel and the people of Gaza
We condemn the brutal slaughter and kidnapping by Hamas terrorists of more than a thousand Israeli children, teens, women, and men going about their daily lives. We grieve for them and their families, and for the innocent Palestinians who will be harmed in this war. We recognize and decry the long-term suffering of Palestinians in the Occupied Territories; yet we strongly assert that there is no justification for the mass terror unleashed on Israeli civilians. We call on Israel to honor the Geneva Conventions in its response to this terrorism. Just as the Jewish community is not responsible for the actions of the current Israeli government, Palestinians are not responsible for the actions of Hamas. We are committed to recognizing our collective humanity and overcoming these escalating cycles of violence.
This Saturday: The Housing and Homelessness Crisis in Washtenaw County
9:15-9:45am Social Hour
9:45-10:30am Party Business
10:30am-noon Housing and Homelessness Panel
- Jennifer Hall, A2 Housing Commission
- Justin Hodge, Chair, Board of Commissioners (BoC)
- Caroline Sanders, Vice Chair, BoC
- Annie Sommerville, BoC
- Chris Watson, A2 City Council
- Rhonda Weathers, SOS Community Services
When: Saturday, October 14, 9:15am-noon
In Person:Washtenaw County Learning Resource Center
4135 Washtenaw Avenue
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
2024 is Coming Up Fast
Join the WCDP and YDW for our 2024 Kickoff!
Onlv 370 days until early voting begins!
October 22, 1-4 pm (rain or shine)
County Farm Park, Main Pavilion
2230 Platt Road
Let us know if you can make it at https://www.mobilize.us/washtenawdems/event/585117/
Young Dems Washtenaw – Join us!
YDW has a logo, thanks to Sarah Rose, and lots of upcoming events, thanks to the growing leadership team. All Young Dems – that’s 16-36 – are invited to all events! Please join the team to turn out the mighty youth vote in Washtenaw County, from Manchester to Milan, Salem to Sylvan! Opportunities to meet friends and get involved:
- Sunday, October 22, 1:00 – 4:00 pm (noon for YDW meeting): WCDP/YDW picnic, County Farm Park Ann Arbor, main pavilion
- Sunday, Nov. 5, 2:00 – 4:00 pm: YDW welcome, socializing & organizing meeting, West Side Room, Westgate Branch AADL
- Sunday, Dec. 3, 2:00 – 4:00 pm: YDW welcome, socializing & organizing meeting, Location TBD
- Sunday, Jan. 7, 2:00 – 4:00 pm: YDW welcome & organizing meeting, Multipurpose Room, Downtown AADL
Call for Volunteers
Help staff our 2024 Kickoff at County Farm Park on 10/22! We need help with set-up, clean-up, and general event support. Sign up here, and thanks!
Meet your representatives
- State Representative Jimmie Wilson Jr(District 32)will host a constituent coffee hour at at Norfolk Park in Superior Charter Township, or join by Zoom! Oct. 16th, from 5:30-6:30 pm.
- State Representative Jennifer Conlin (District 48) will host a coffee hour at Webster Township Hall, 5665 Webster Church Road, Dexter, MI 48130 on Monday, October 16, from 10:30-11:30 am
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.