Please take the time TODAY to read and watch the “Winning Virginia” discussion hosted by Simon Rosenberg (Hopium Chronicles) and Katherine White (Network NOVA) with special guest Delegate Dan Helmer.
Our “Winning Virginia” Discussion w/Delegate Dan Helmer, The Republican Party Has Failed, New Biden Ad “Never Left” goes into detail on how we can win – yet we MUST put 100% into these last weeks.
Let’s Push Back on Banned Books
School has started and books are being removed from classrooms and libraries. Public libraries are being defunded forcing them to close. Whatever our background or zip code, we all want to ensure our children have a quality public education that instills our common set of American values like freedom, liberty and equality.
“Having the freedom to read and the freedom to choose is one of the best gifts my parents ever gave me.” — Judy Blume
Book bans are intentional efforts to undermine public education and marginalize individuals and communities. No child should ever be made to think there is something wrong with them because of who they are.
Banning books is deeply undemocratic and an afront to our First Amendment rights. A small number of people should not decide what other people and other people’s children can read and learn.
Together we can push back:
- Vote Early for and Support School Board, State House, and State Senate candidates who are committed to safeguarding quality public education across our state. Virginia Grassroots Coalition Candidates and Power Packs has details.
- DONATE to Rural GroundGame which provides direct strategic services to Democratic candidates running in rural communities. Your donation has an exponential impact by supporting multiple candidates in communities where public education is being aggressively targeted and undermined.
Together we can safeguard access to books, facts and ideas:
Support Your Local Libraries
- Fight Book Banning at Your Local Library
- Banned and Challenged Books
- Historic Virginia Library Forced to Close
- Virginia Library Association
Support Your local School Board and Educators – Your presence and support helps the board and our educators focus on their core function – education – and makes it more difficult for a small number of individuals to disrupt and divert school boards. We The People For Education supports educators and school board members.
Learn more and Share with Others – Book bans are growing from Virginia Beach to Roanoke to Loudoun counties surpassing record levels. Learn more at these sites:
“We must know all the facts and hear all the alternatives and listen to all the criticisms. Let us welcome controversial books and controversial authors. For the Bill of Rights is the guardian of our security as well as our liberty”….John F. Kennedy
Virginia Neighbors for Public Education
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.