Right-wing hate group Moms for Liberty and dark-money SuperPACs are taking over our school boards here in PA.
Back to school should be about looking forward to a year filled with learning, new experiences and a safe and healthy environment where children can thrive.
Instead, many students in PA are going back to book bans, anti-LGBTQ+ rhetoric, a disregard for science and a whitewashing of history.
Today, Turn PA Blue is raising grassroots donations directly for candidates for 10 school boards across 6 counties where our Democratic candidates are facing Moms of Liberty and other extremists with little or no resources.
We’re just WEEKS away from the November elections, and they need to get out the vote NOW!
We’re highlighting pro-education candidates in 10 school districts across pivotal swing counties.
- Central Bucks School District, Bucks County PA
- Council Rock School District, Bucks County, PA
- Downingtown Area School District, Chester County, PA
- Neshaminy School District, Bucks County, PA
- Pennridge School District, Bucks County, PA
- Perkiomen Valley School District, Montgomery County, PA
- Pine Richland School District, Allegheny County, PA
- Spring Ford School District, Montgomery County, PA
- Upper Perkiomen Valley School District, Montco/Berks Counties PA
- Upper St. Clair School, Allegheny County, PA
Conservative majorities on some of these boards like Central Bucks and Pennridge have already banned dozens of books – and if we don’t help Democrats get out the vote in November, it’ll only get worse.
Stop Moms for Liberty. Stop book bans. Stop LGBTQ+ hate.
2024’s election integrity hinges on PA county offices
The Philadelphia Inquirer reports:
This year’s local races will determine how Pennsylvania runs its 2024 presidential elections.
Counties, not the state, run elections — and the county boards of elections that certify results are on the ballot this year for the first time since the 2020 presidential race.
If they choose to contest those results, local officials can use their individual counties to hold the entire state’s results hostage.
Countywide officers across Pennsylvania are up for election in just a few weeks.
Today, we’re highlighting 8 PA countywide candidates, including County Commissioner and Row Officers. When you support great countywide candidates, you are also supporting the entire tickets from School Board to PA Supreme Court!
Today, we’re supporting:
- Alice Yoder, Lancaster County Commissioner Candidate
- Michelle Rothenbecker, Luzerne County Commissioner Candidate
- Brittney Stephnson, Luzerne County Commissioner Candidate
- James McClusky, Mercer County Commissioner Candidate
- Chris De Barrena-Sarobe, Chester County District Attorney Candidate
- Christa Caceres, Pike County Commissioner Candidate
- Fred Faylona, Dauphin County Controller Candidate
- Robert Zeigler, Centre County Recorder of Deeds Candidate
Wondering what Row Officers do?
In most counties (and there are exceptions, since this is PA after all!) the County Board of Commissioners serves the legislative and executive arm of county government. Each county has nine departments are headed by an individual elected directly by the voters, who serve a term of four years.
These ten officials are collectively referred to as “Row Officers,” a term that came about many years ago when these nine departments were all listed in the first row on the election ballot. These offices include:
- Clerk of Courts (criminal court)
- Controller (supervises fiscal affairs)
- District Attorney (county law enforcement)
- Prothonotary (civil courts)
- Recorder of Deeds (land records)
- Register of Wills (probate/marriage license)
- Sheriff (carries our orders of the court)
- Treasurer (custodian of county funds)
- Jury Commisioner (manages juries)
- Coroner (deaths)
These Row Officers often run for future office like state legislature or Congress – building the bench pays off big later. So now you know!
Vote by Mail Phonebanks are Back Every Tuesday through Election Day! We Need You!
PHONE BANK VOLUNTEERS NEEDED ON TUESDAYS!
Join us to call Democratic voters on Tuesdays from 6 to 8PM! Phone banks take place on Zoom and there is a ton of training, support and camaraderie. And most importantly, the work you are doing really makes a difference! We’ll be calling voters until the polls close on Nov. 7th!
We need to make sure Democrats know what’s at stake on November 7th! In addition to the many important county, local and school board races, we have a crucial PA Supreme Court race that could impact control of Pennsylvania’s highest court and access to abortion in PA. We have a lot of ground to cover and no more time to waste!
Right know, we’re focusing exactly where need to be…LOWER BUCKS COUNTY. There is a crucial race for county control and our Dem candidates are battling some of the most extremist school boards in the country. Success in Bucks is crucial to winning the ever-important statewide judicial elections and will undoubtedly be one of the most pivotal counties in the nation in the 2024 Presidential Election.
Help us provide voters with the information they need to cast their vote early! Sign up here: https://mobilize.us/s/fI1Mvu
We need to be our own heroes! That’s whyTurn PA Blue volunteers have been making calls and sending texts messages to voters all across the Commonwealth to remind them what’s at stake on November 7th and more importantly, make sure every voter has the information they need to cast their vote early!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.