NO FUTURE WITHOUT TODAY
No Future Without Today is a 501(c)4 social welfare initiative created by survivors of the Oxford High School shooting. We are dedicated to advocating for changes to Michigan laws that would prevent gun violence in our communities and schools. We also advocate for improved mental health access for students and school employees.
NFWT Calls to Action:
– Sign up for our email newsletter (https://www.nofuturewithouttoday.org/ ) and follow us on Social Media to stay up to date with our news and events
– Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nofuturewithouttoday
– Instagram: @nofuturewithouttoday
– Twitter: @nfw2day
– Email or call our US Senators and US Reps to urge support and movement on the following bills. Please don’t take Democrats for granted – we’ve been repeatedly told that contact expressing support is JUST as important as concerns. Offices keep track of all constituent contact and our representatives need to hear this is a priority for us.
S 25 – 2023 Assault Weapons Ban (Senator Peters and Senator Stabenow are sponsors)
HR 698 – 2023 Assault Weapons Ban
S 951 – Office of Gun Violence Prevention Act 2023
HR 1699 – Office of Gun Violence Prevention Act 2023
S 1026 – Gun Violence Prevention Research Act of 2023
HR 2390 – Gun Violence Prevention Research Act of 2023
– Attend coffee hours for your local Reps and Senators. If they supported the gun violence prevention packages, thank them. If they did not, ask them to justify their vote in the face of so much violence.
– Attend a Silence the Violence event on Saturday 6/17. This will be a statewide day of action and remembrance. The central event will be held at the Church of the Messiah Detroit with sister marches across the state. (Oakland County events in Oxford, Pontiac, and Southfield).
– Facebook Event: https://fb.me/e/13BVCVjE6
– Sign up to Volunteer: bit.ly/StV2023
IF you have questions, please forward them to Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Oakland County Democratic Party is a 527 organization whose mission is to promote social and economic justice by building an engaged, diverse, Democratic majority in Oakland County in order to enhance the quality of life for all. Membership is open to all Oakland County residents who are eligible to vote. Our Executive Committee meets the second Tuesday of each Month at 7:00 PM. These meetings are free and open to the public. Please join us!
We hope you are well. Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions or comments. Stay safe and healthy! Nancy QuarlesChair, Oakland County Democratic Party Paige HolstineDirector of Operations, Oakland County Democratic Party
Oakland County Democratic Party
555 Horace Brown Drive, Suite 202
Madison Heights, MI 48071
Featured image by No Future Without Today
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.