IC-SS Weekly News: March 20, 2023
Party with Us for Wisconsin!
Talk, laugh, eat pizza, sip your fave beverage, and help get out the Wisconsin vote where it counts. Won’t you join Indivisible Chicago-South Side again this week on Thurs, March 23 + next week on Mon, March 27? RSVP.
Big thanks to IC-SS’s letter leader and host, Steve Kagan!
Our dedicated letter leader and host, Steve Kagan, provides envelopes and Vote Forward letter printouts, ready for you to personalize. We’ll provide pizza; you’re invited to bring a beverage or treat to share.
We have too much fun writing letters.
Together, we’ll help get out the vote for the Wisconsin Supreme Court election. Join our letter-writing parties in Kenwood this week and next: Thursday, March 23 + Monday, March 27, 6:00-8:00 pm.
- RSVP: To register and get the party address, please email us your full name and cell phone #: RSVP here.
- Can’t make it, but want to write? If you have a printer and can get your own envelopes and stamps, just sign up with Vote Forward on your own and get writing!
- Donate stamps: No time to write but want to help? You can donate first-class stamps to the effort! Let us know and we’ll arrange to get them from you. Email us re stamps here.
BONUS: For added impact, at the March 23 party, we’ll be giving out packets of postpaid postcards for you to take home and write to Wisconsin voters via Voces de la Frontera.
Join ICA & WisDems to Help Wisconsin
In Wisconsin, our help is critically needed to elect liberal Judge Janet Protasiewicz* to the WI Supreme Court in the state’s April 4 election.
Whether in your Chicago home or by traveling to nearby Kenosha, Racine, Milwaukee, or other places, you can join friendly organizers to get Democratic voters out to the polls.
Volunteer with ICA & Indivisible Evanston
Indivisible Chicago Alliance (ICA) is known for its efficient, clear, and friendly training and support. Same with Indivisible Evanston. Join ICA in these actions for Wisconsin:
- Every Wednesday – Call voters from your home while you Zoom with ICA: Phone Banks Hosted by Indivisible Chicago
- Saturday, March 25 – Knock doors in Ft. Atkinson, Wisconsin, carpooling with ICA: Canvass Organized by Indivisible Chicago
- Thursday, March 30: Text voters from your home while you Zoom with Indivisible Evanston: Zoom Texting Party w/ Indivisible Evanston
Volunteer with WisDems
Fridays: Field Team 6 Phone Banks to Register Wisconsin Voters
Saturdays: Canvass in Milwaukee’s Bay View Neighborhood
*Protasiewicz is pronounced “pro-tuh-SAY-wits. Judge Protasiewicz was one of two winners of the WI primary for Supreme Court, and she now faces a far-right candidate on April 4. For more info on Janet Protasiewicz and why her election to the Wisconsin Supreme Court race is critical for democracy, see our Feb 27 newsletter and this OpEd by Mandela Barnes.
Urgent: Help Elect Brandon Johnson
In Chicago’s April 4 election, a few votes may determine who becomes our next mayor: a candidate with a history of failure as a manager and ties to right-wing fascist groups or a progressive candidate who has a plan to build public safety through equitable services to communities.
What can YOU do?
Your efforts, great or small, can make the difference in ensuring that Brandon Johnson is our next mayor.
South Side event for Brandon Johnson (Photo: Teri Watkins)
To protect our city, we can:
1. Volunteer or donate to elect Brandon Johnson. Support the vision of Brandon Johnson for a safer, stronger, more prosperous and equitable Chicago for all.
- Visit the Brandon Johnson website to donate & volunteer.
- NEW: From home, get on Zoom for training & support to phone Chicago voters. Multiple days & times. Sign up: Dialing 4 Brandon!
- Find all the volunteer activities here – filter by area, see top buttons.
2. Vote in the April 4 runoff election. Brandon Johnson needs massive turnout in wards and precincts that tend to vote progressive. Let’s all be sure to vote … and keep Vallas out.
- Vote early! Be sure nothing stands in the way of casting your ballot. Early voting begins Monday, March 20.
3. Spread the word that Brandon Johnson will benefit Chicago communities while Paul Vallas is a threat. In conversation and on social media, urge your friends and family to vote in the April 4 runoff election to put Brandon Johnson in the mayor’s office and keep Vallas OUT.
- Share Indivisible Chicago Alliance’s statement: We endorse Brandon Johnson
- Share Indivisible Chicago Alliance’s document: The Truth About Paul Vallas
NOTE: In the weeks before the runoff, the Indivisible Chicago-South Side chapter is not undertaking a separate, formal endorsement for Brandon Johnson, but we know our progressive membership overwhelmingly prefers Johnson over his right-wing rival.
In-Person + Online Events for Brandon
Attend an in-person event in South Shore or an online event from home.
Sunday, 3/26: Hear Brandon & Rep Jackson
From Josef Michael Carr, and sponsored by Dr. Peter Draper: South Shore welcomes Brandon Johnson, with special guest Congressman Jonathan Jackson on Sunday, March 26th, 1:00 pm at St. Philip Neri School Gym, 2110 E. 72nd St. Info/sign-up. Free and open to the public!
TONIGHT: Brandon Virtual Volunteer Night
From United Working Families: Join us tonight, Monday March 20, 6:00-7:30 pm, for a virtual volunteer night with Chicagoans across the city invigorated about the runoff. We’ll talk about why voters from all over Chicago are coming out strong for Brandon for mayor, what our volunteers are hearing at the doors, on the phones and over text, and what the next step is to play a role in our plan to victory! RSVP here.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.