EVENTS/ACTIONS HAPPENING SOON!The GOP members on the VC Board of Supervisors want to make it easier for the rich and powerful to buy our elections. (Comments by noon Monday 3/13!, Meeting Tuesday, 3/14, approx.10:30 am)
Move along…nothing to see here. Just Republicans on the Ventura County Board of Supervisors hoping to open the door to big money donations in local elections… POST: : https://indivisibleventura.org/2023/03/12/the-gop-members-on-the-vc-board-of-supervisors-want-to-make-it-easier-for-the-rich-and-powerful-to-buy-our-elections-comments-by-noon-monday-3-13-meeting-tuesday-3-14/
Just say “NO!” to Trump-like policies on asylum! Deadline – March 27.
This proposed rule is the equivalent of the courts changing the “right to be presumed innocent” to the “presumption of guilt until proven otherwise.” And it could all hinge on whether a refugee has a working phone. Kit to help you write comments in support of the right to apply for asylum, per U.S. and international law.
POST: : https://indivisibleventura.org/2023/03/10/just-say-no-to-trump-like-policies-on-asylum-deadline-march-27/
To all who’ve promised to never forget…it’s starting again.
We are progressing through stages of suppression and criminalization we would recognize if we were reading about them in a history book. Hundreds of anti-trans bills proposed by GOP-controlled states range from the cruel – access denied to sports teams and restrooms, to the barbaric – forced de-transitioning of both youths and adults, and now to the terroristic – condoning the kidnapping of trans-youth from other states by non-custodial parents. So far, judges have stopped some of the worst, but we cannot depend on that forever. Nor can they stop the rhetorical and physical violence emboldened by this legislation. Please contact your legislators. Tell them to stop this progression to state-sponsored terrorism on the national level.
POST: https://indivisibleventura.org/2023/03/07/to-all-whove-promised-to-never-forget-its-starting-again/How close are train tracks to your home? Your job? Your kid’s school? Tell your legislators to make these train bills better!
UPDATE ON THE UPDATE! Norfolk Southern has just had ANOTHER DERAILMENT! (Thursday, 3/9) Seriously! Hours before the CEO testified in Congress! – UPDATE: This same company just had ANOTHER DERAILMENT! (Saturday, 3/4) Bad luck? Or just the cost of doing business, the Wall Street way? After some study, we now think it’s the latter case.
EVENTS TO JOIN IN THIS WEEK!
Teri Kanefield wrote a really great post on how to strengthen democracy. https://terikanefield.com/things-to-do/.
Check her list to see how many you are already doing, and whether you are able to do more. The notices below offers a lot of ways you can contribute, most from the confort of your own home!
From Senator Monique Limón.
Join me for a virtual Gun Safety and Mental Health Town Hall in partnership with Moms Demand Action and community leaders. If you have specific questions, you may send those in advance to Senator.Limon@senate.ca.gov.
- Kendall Pata, Moms Demand Action, Local Group Leader
- Jina Carvalho, Santa Barbara Response Network, Executive Director
- Ali Cortes, Santa Barbara Response Network, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Dr. John Schipper, Ventura County Behavioral Health, Adult Services Division Chief
- Erik Sternad, Interface Children and Family Services, Executive Director
- Robert Kanard, Cottage Health, MD
Monday, March 13, 2023, 4:00pm – 5:00pm
RSVP: Click Here https://lcmspubcontact.lc.ca.gov/PublicLCMS/rsvp_const.php
Mark your calendar!
- Tuesday – 03/14/2023 – ZOOM/VENTURA –“Co. Board of Supervisors – Agenda Item 44 – Rescinding the current limit on campaign donations – or “We want to buy your elections 101!” (8:30 am meeting PST)
- Tuesday – 03/14/2023 – ONLINE –“Tuesday Text Arcades with Field Team 6!” (3:00 pm – 5:00 pm PST) https://www.mobilize.us/togetherweelect/event/546955/
- Tuesday – 03/14/2023 – SPANISH LANGUAGE ONLINE PHONE BANK – “Unidos Llamando: Wisconsin Supreme Court Election” (7:00 pm – 9:00 pm PST) https://www.mobilize.us/mobilize/event/551122/
- Tuesday – 03/14/2023 – ONLINE EVENT – “WFP Tuesday Text Party” (3:00 pm – 5:00 pm PST) https://www.mobilize.us/workingfamilies/event/545747/
- Wednesday – 03/15/2023 – ONLINE PHONE BANK – “Phone Bank for Wisconsin Supreme Court” (3:30 pm – 5:30 pm PST) https://www.mobilize.us/mobilize/event/550797/
- Wednesday – 03/15/2023 – ONLINE TRAINING – “Basic Twitter Skills for Social Storming with Field Team 6!” (11:00 am – 12:00 pm PST) https://www.mobilize.us/mobilize/event/467318/
- Wednesday – 03/15/2023 – ONLINE PHONE BANK – “Make Calls to Voters with Swing Left! (Wisconsin)” (5:00 pm – 7:00 pm PST) https://www.mobilize.us/trnindivisible/event/549074/
- Thursday – 03/16/2023 – SPANISH LANGUAGE ONLINE PHONE BANK – “Unidos Llamando: Wisconsin Supreme Court Election” (7:00 pm – 9:00 pm PST) https://www.mobilize.us/mobilize/event/551122/
- Friday – 03/17/2023 – OXNARD – “Tequio Rising – Consulate of Mexico” (5:30 pm – 7:30 pm PST) https://www.facebook.com/events/3306567936264896/
- Saturday – 03/18/2023 – ONLINE PHONE BANK – “Phone Bank for Wisconsin Supreme Court” (10:00 am – 12:00 pm PST) https://www.mobilize.us/mobilize/event/550797/
- Saturday – 03/18/2023 – SPANISH LANGUAGE ONLINE PHONE BANK – “Unidos Llamando: Wisconsin Supreme Court Election” (2:00 pm – 4:00 pm PST) https://www.mobilize.us/mobilize/event/551122/
- Saturday – 03/18/2023 – ONLINE PHONE BANK – “Make Calls to Flip the Wisconsin Supreme Court with IndiMarin” (9:30 am – 11:00 am PST) https://www.mobilize.us/indivisible-marin/event/549876/
Sunday – 03/19/2023 – ONLINE –”CLUE-VC’s Housing Justice work continues!” (2:00 pm – 3:00 pm PST)
Confronting the critical shortage of affordable housing is an aspect of racial justice work that we CAN impact on the local level. Join us – and other people of faith and goodwill – to make a difference in YOUR community!
On Zoom: Register for your link at http://bit.ly/3SCweRTSURJ Community Care Event – donations & volunteers needed!
If you are able, please consider donating to our Venmo @surjvc so we can continue to have our Community Care Events. We are accepting donations of non-perishable pantry items, fresh fruit or vegetables, eggs, hygiene products, warm clothing, socks, ponchos, backpacks, or other useful items for the unhoused community.
Reach out to Nicolette at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to donate items or volunteer.Please DONATE to the cause! We are looking for a couple of people who’d be willing to help out on our twitter team for a day or two a week. If you are interested, please reply to email@example.com with “TWITTER” in the subject line and our expert twitter wrangler will explain how it all works.
Indivisible Ventura is completely volunteer run and your donation will support the direct costs of organizing in Ventura — things like expenses for Swap Meet Justice, posters, art supplies, stamps, transportation, and more! Although we’ve defeated Trump and taken back the Senate, we have to act urgently to save our democracy and enact other desperately needed reforms. Getting it done depends on all of us. Let’s stand together, indivisible. Indivisible Ventura is one of 6,000 grassroots Indivisible groups across the country. Together, we will win. (https://secure.actblue.com/donate/ven383907253)
The usual caveats…
Keep ahead of us on our calendar scroll here: tinyurl.com/VC-calendar
• If we screw up a link, our apologies. You can find the original post here: tinyurl.com/VC-calendar
• We’re putting up information on local protests and actions by others we’re finding from informal sources.
These listings are not endorsements nor guarantees as to time/place/type of protest or participant safety. Events can and have already been cancelled without notice.
• Check ahead for future events there as well. We often miss morning event postings.
• If we screw up or miss information about an event, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2023 Indivisible Ventura, All rights reserved.
Hello from Indivisible Ventura! Thanks for signing up!
Our mailing address is:
Indivisible VenturaPO Box 6367Ventura, Ca 93006
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.