Now that we are past “Crossover” in the General Assembly, our bills of interest have moved over to House and Senate Committees and we must get our voices heard early, in committee. I know there are a lot of CTAs below, yet we only have a couple more weeks of session, and your voice, like your vote matters! Please take the calls to action below.
TAKE ACTION BY TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14th
SB1043 and SB818 Schools need better mental health resources These bills passed the Senate and are now in the House Education Committee. Click Here to Take Action
TAKE ACTION BY WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 15th
– SB1215 Teachers need better compensation This bill passed the Senate and is now in the House Appropriations Committee. Click Here to Take Action
– SB1325 Learning and mentoring This bill passed the Senate and is now in the House Appropriations Committee. Click Here to Take Action
TAKE ACTION BY THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 16th
Fight Abuse of the Recall Process – Ask House Privileges and Elections Committee to Vote for SB1328 and SB1431 Recently, the recall process has been weaponized to attack local officials, especially school board members and Commonwealth Attorneys. The antiquated Virginia recall statute facilitates these tactics. Please click here to write to all of the members of the House P&E Committee to urge them to support both bills.
– Support Shared Solar Two bills are expected in House Commerce and Energy by Thursday. Click here to send an email to your House Rep.
– Campaign Finance last CALL TO ACTION In the House of Delegates, all House campaign finance bills have been killed. Now four common sense bills, SB1552, SB854, SB1427, & SB1053 are moving from the Senate to the House P&E committee. Take action here.
– Support Prescription Drug Affordability. From 2015 to 2020, Virginians faced a 6.6% increase in prescription drug spending, more than twice the national increase. In 2020, Virginians spent 36% more per person on prescription drugs than the national average. Lifesaving medications only work if you can afford them, and Virginians can’t afford them anymore. Contact your legislators now to urge them to support the establishment of a Prescription Drug Affordability Board! Take action here.
Good work, thx all for taking the CTA’s.
Stair CalhounAmbassador of Buzz: Friday Power Lunch
Youtube: Network NOVA
T: @networkvirginiaT: @fripowerlunch
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.