Actions we can take on dads, DC statehood, an upcoming election, and more.
Contact all members of Congress:
- By phone: (202) 224-3121
- By email: democracy.io
- By US mail: Representatives / Senators
- By fax: Representatives / Senators
- By Resistbot: Resist.bot
Contact White House or other federal agencies:
- HOUSE DAD’S CAUCUSThe Mom’s Caucus (Moms in the House) has been in existence for a few years now. Last week, a complementary Dad’s Caucus was created by a group of Democrats “vowing to advocate for policies that will assist working-class families”. Let’s make sure that our representatives know that working class family issues are important to us and encourage them to join these caucuses to help make advances.
- LGBTQ RIGHTSBarely a month into 2023, there are already over 200 bills at the state level which attack the rights of our LGBTQ community. From healthcare, to schools, to First Amendment rights, accurate IDs, civil rights, and bathroom use, Republicans across the country are attempting to regulate every facet of life for LGBTQ people. The ACLU has created a bill tracker which maps these attacks, categorizing by state, issue, and status of the legislation. Let’s use this tool to check out our state and see if there are any bills infringing on the rights of our LGBTQ community, then contact our state legislators and tell them to vote these bills down.
- STOP GOP HYPOCRISY ON ANTISEMITISM
A third Republican has announced they’ll oppose Kevin McCarthy’s hypocritical attempt to remove Rep. Ilhan Omar from the House Foreign Affairs Committee. With one Republican unable to return to Washington for weeks due to injury, we are on the verge of blocking this move. If we’re in Republican districts, let’s keep up the pressure on our members of the House to stop this process, and remind them of the many, many GOP comments that trafficked in antisemitic tropes.
- STATEHOOD FOR WASHINGTON, D.C.The nearly ¾ of a million residents of our nation’s capital—a majority-minority city—have no elected voice in Congress. The path to achieving that voice is through statehood. Passage of the Washington, D.C. Admission Act would admit D.C. as a state into the Union. Let’s tell our U.S. Senators to co-sponsor S.51 and our U.S. House member to co-sponsor H.R.51 to establish statehood for D.C.
- POSTCARDS TO VOTERS FOR PENNSYLVANIA STATE HOUSE RACERight now, Postcards To Voters is writing for Abigail Salisbury for a Pennsylvania State House seat in a special election on February 7. If we are already approved with PTV, we can text, email, or Slack message to get addresses. If we are new to PTV, we can start the approval process to be ready for the next campaign: https://postcardstovoters.org/
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.