Reach out to our
Members of Congress to request they
crucial legislation during
the lame-duck session
First of all, thanks to all of you who have been working on our Blue Wave projects or helped with donations. Our work is not over!
With the likely control of the House going to the Republicans and the implied chaos it will bring, Indivisible Hawaii believes it is imperative that Congress takes action during the lame-duck session.
Please call our Members of Congress and ask them to
take action to ensure that these bills pass –
no matter what it takes – before December 31, 2022.
See contact info at bottom of this email.
Here’s some reference information for your calls.
Thanks to Indivisible Hawaii members, Jay Henderson and Lisa Gibson, for writing this super op-ed. It was posted in the Star-Advertiser on Sunday, Nov. 20, 2022.
Click here for their op-ed, “Lame-duck Congress can make waves”
Here’s a summarized list of items we want passed in the lame duck session.
- Defuse a potential Republican induced debt-ceiling crisis by raising the debt limit beyond what is necessary for foreseeable future.
- Pass revisions to the Electoral Count Act to reduce the risk of a stolen election in 2024.
- Prevent more immigration chaos by protecting DACA recipients and ensuring adequate funding for the asylum system.
- Prevent defunding of Ukraine aid by pro-Putin Republicans with a long term aid appropriation for Ukraine.
- Protect the investigations into Trump, prevent Republicans from defunding the FBI and Department of Justice by securing long-term funding for the DOJ.
- Pass the government funding package.
- Continue to confirm judges.
- Pass the Marriage Equality Act
Congressman Ed Case Congressman Kai Kahele
Here’s some related links you might want to check out:
- Click here to view Indivisible National’s Focus on Final 2022 Session
- Click here to access Washington Post article: “Five Ways to Crazy Proof Congress from Republican Chaos”
Visit our WEBSITE for info on upcoming events!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.