Once again I feel compelled to get something out to you today that can’t wait until Thursday’s Briefing.
I hope you can take advantage of several opportunities today as well as upcoming events focusing on Georgia’s Senate Runoff. At the conclusion of this email, I have included a large list of ways you can help in Georgia. We are not done until we get to 51!
On Sunday, the Virginia Grassroots Coalition held it’s monthly meeting. If you are looking to participate as an activist, we are forming our 2023 working groups for legislative priorities and invite you to participate. Please reach out to the committee leaders.
- Education Working Group, email Marianne: marianne.
- Climate and Clean Energy Working Group, email Meredith: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gas and Pipelines Working Group, email Freeda: email@example.com
- Campaign Finance Reform Working Group, email Nancy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Messaging Working Group, email Finale: email@example.com
Wednesday, November 16th 7:30pm
A Better Way – Messaging the Elusive Swing Voter!
Please join the Central Communications Committee (C3) of the Fairfax County Democratic Committee for a Zoom event that introduces participants to a better way of influencing the elusive Swing Voter. The program is based on the teachings of George Lakoff, author of the 1996 groundbreaking book, Moral Politics: How Liberals and Conservatives Think and Moral Politics and 2004’s Don’t Think of an Elephant: Know Your Values and Frame the Debate. Federico Cura, a former journalist, Op-Ed writer, and teacher, will lead the program.
Wednesday, November 16, 7pmLooking Back, Moving Forward. First Stop: The GA Run-off Join NOPE to learn how we win in Georgia. Christine White, executive director of Georgia Alliance for Progress, will speak and provide a grassroots insider’s perspective of the Warnock-Walker runoff. NOPE will review what happened in this election and give a preview of what to expect in VA in 2023 and the battleground states in 2024.
Thursday, November 17th, 1pm ESTNDTC Expert Q&A: Deciding to DebriefAll month long, NDTC programming is focused on equipping our teams with the best practices in debriefing. While things settle down, this is the prime opportunity to learn from the triumphs and challenges your campaign or local party faced along the way. Kelly Dietrich, NDTC Founder & CEO, will lead a discussion that relies on interactive participation from you – so bring your questions!
Thursday, November 17, 2022 6:00 PM ESTCOMMUNITY EVENT: Women & Gender Studies Seminar with Jessica Berg Join Jessica Berg, Loudoun County Women and Gender Studies teacher to explain Women and Gender Studies and it’s importance.
Thursday, Nov 17, 2022 06:30 PM Post-Election Update: What’s Next for Defending Abortion Rights?Join Planned Parenthood Advocates of Virginia as we discuss the results of the 2022 midterms and what’s next for defending abortion rights in Virginia. We will be discussing the key results from election night, as well as the upcoming Virginia legislative session in January, and the 2023 state legislature elections.
Thursday, November 17th, 7:00pm
31st Street Zoom fundraiser for the Georgia Alliance for Progress (GAP)
GAP is the major convener, supporter, and coordinator of multiple grassroots groups in GA. They are in a unique position to determine priorities for the most effective action.
Saturday, November 19th, 9:00am to 5:00pm
Running for Office 101 Training
Fairfax County Government Center, Fairfax, VA 22035
The Fairfax County Democratic Committee is excited to host its first-ever candidate training! There are over 50 offices on the ballot in next year’s pivotal local and state elections, and the FCDC is committed to preparing Democratic candidates with the skills they need to effectively run their campaigns. The training will consist of discussion sessions led by notable current and former elected officials and campaign staff. Discussion session topics include: 1) Setting up your campaign committee, 2) Qualifying for the ballot, 3) Political fundraising, 4) Messaging …and much more! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get your campaign off to a great start! First-time candidates are encouraged to attend. If you were elected to your first term in 2020 or 2021, you are welcome to attend this training.
Saturday, November 19th, 7-8:30pm
Special Election Kick-Off for Holly Seibold for Delegate – 35th District
Vienna Community Center, 120 Cherry Street, SE, Vienna
Please join Senate President Pro Tempore Louise Lucas, House Minority Leader Don Scott and others for a campaign launch and rally in support of Holly Seibold for Delegate
Be a BADASS, Power Map Yourself and Forward this Email to a Friend
THINGS YOU CAN DO FOR GEORGIA
- Activate America has launched their GA postcarding effort. Sign up here. (You must supply your own postcards.)
- Center for Common Ground/Reclaim Our Vote has 879,000 addresses of consistent/reliable Black voters in Georgia available. YOU NEED TO USE THEIR CARDS so build in time to order them. The postcards need to be mailed by November 23. To get background and sign up to write postcards go here.
- Postcards To Voters now has a writing campaign for Warnock in GA.If you are an approved writer text HELLO to (484) 275-2229 or message HELLO to Abby the Address Bot or send an email to: Request@AbbyAddresses.org. Not yet approved and ready to join Postcards To Voters? Text JOIN to (484) 275-2229 or send an email to: Join@TonyTheDemocrat.org (You must supply your own postcards.)
- Vote Forward has launched letter writing into Georgia! Read instructions and guidelines here and then sign up here!
- Demcast has a Georgia runoff social media toolkit! They will be updating it regularly. Use it to easily amplify this race on any of your social media platforms. Find it here, it’s easy to use and you can help keep Warnock’s race topical.
- Activate America will be holding a GA textbank on November 29th. Sign up here.
- Working Families Party has text banking for the runoffs every Tuesday!
Making Phone Calls
- Activate America will be hosting phone banks on Sun, Mon, and Wed. Get involved by signing up here. Additional shifts will be available as they add new phone bank hosts.
- Center For Common Ground has guided phonebanks into GA every Tuesday and Thursday. Sign up here.
- Out of state and want to go knock doors in GA? Sign up here to knock doors with the GA Dems!
- Donate directly to the Rev. Warnock’s campaign here.
- Movement Voter Fund is raising money for the GA runoffs—specifically for their amazing partner group, Georgia Alliance for Progress, who will quickly deploy funds to the field. Donate at Movement.vote/GA
- Donate (via Flip the Vote) to the GA-based Asian American Advocacy Fund (AAAF), to raise the $500,000 it needs to fully execute its plan to engage and turn out Democratic Asian American and Pacific Islander voters. 100% of funds given go to the AAAF.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.