October 20, 2022
Election Day, November 8, 2022
The margins of winning the Midterm races up and down the ballot are paper thin in all four of our target states. We all know what is at stake this year, and we all know that every single vote is going to count. Below are actions you can take in the next two weeks that will make a difference. Take a deep breath and get out of your comfort zone — you and your country will feel better. (Graphic compliments of the ACLU)
GET OUT THE EARLY VOTE WEEKEND OF ACTION DIAL-A-THON! We need to call 250,000 Wisconsin voters to remind them that Early Voting in Person begins NEXT TUESDAY (10/25)! ** Talking to voters and making a plan to vote is one of the most effective ways YOU can make a difference this November. This is a critical year for our Democracy – winning in Wisconsin is VITAL! We need all hands on deck to get out the vote! The day before your scheduled shift you will receive an email with all of the information you need, including the Zoom link, and other materials.
- Join people from around the country who know winning in Wisconsin is critical The more the merrier – please feel free to bring friends & family members with you to your shift! SIGN UP HERE.
Marcus Bass of Advance Carolina eloquently described why the work we’re doing in northeastern NC is so important: “Your phone calls are going to make a huge difference. The mass mobilization since COVID really comes from the phones now. Many of the places we used to congregate are not open. . . . Fewer than 3 to 4 votes per precinct can make all the difference in NC, to move NC forward and to build political power.” Get inspired to find those 3 to 4 votes!
- Get Out the Vote for Cheri Beasley for U.S. Senate, a Congressional candidate and several down ballot candidates plus two state Supreme Court Justices. If you’re new to calling you can take an initial training with All In for NC on Sundays at 6 pm. Sign up here (list your organization as Lean Left). Experienced phone bankers can call on your own any day of the week using this FAQ (contact Dana with questions). Or, better yet, join other Lean Left volunteers at PowerHour Sunday so we can make these calls together!
Thanks to a non-partisan redistricting committee that created a more fair map, Democrats have a decent chance at flipping the state legislature blue. Democrats can then go on the offensive to improve the lives of Pennsylvanians rather than playing defense with a veto. The best way to help remotely?
- Make calls with Sister District. Join supported phone banks. All training and support is supplied. Thursdays at 12:00 ET, Wednesdays at 6:30 ET, and Mondays and Tuesdays at 6:30 ET.
Time to get out the vote! Democracy is in the balance. Margins of victory up and down the ballot are very slim. The state legislature flipped to red by just over 1300 votes. Maggie Hassan, Annie Kuster, and Chris Pappas must return to Congress if we are going to hold a majority. The state House of Representatives, which selects the Secretary of State, has to flip back BLUE.
- Organize New Hampshire is making calls almost everyday throughout the day. You can SIGN UP HERE.
- Make some calls with the Dems and then join us on the Sunday PowerHour from 3-5 PM. We’ll use the phone bank application OpenVPB and provide support. SIGN UP HERE If you are new to phone banking, see this guide, and if you have questions, contact Rebecca.
Fund the Movement
As we head into the home stretch, your financial support will go toward supporting
- a proven vote-getter, TurnPA Blue, whose work supports candidates up and down the ballot, including the race for a U.S. Senate seat,
- the New Hampshire Young Democrats, a powerhouse with a proven track record that could actually flip the 2020 right-wing takeover of the state,
- Valerie Jordan, running for the North Carolina Senate, an at-risk Democrat in an uncomfortably close struggle that could end with the Republicans gaining a supermajority in the state legislature.
- Wisconsin, Governor Tony Evers, the only bulwark against the state legislature’s ultra-conservative agenda.
Or contribute through your Giving Circle!
Lean Left Vermont has raised more than $325,000 since 2017!
Every Sunday between now and November 8, we’ll be making calls together at the Lean Left PowerHour. Show up anytime between 3 and 5 pm, then spend an hour working with other like-minded activists. If you only have one hour per week to dedicate to strengthening our democracy, PowerHour is the place for you! Here’s how it works.
Good Trouble Cafes + Giving Circles
Add Up to a Stronger Movement
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.