Election Day, November 8, 2022
IT IS PRETTY SIMPLE: IF WE DON’T WORK, WE DON’T WIN.
Help re-elect Gov. Tony Evers in Wisconsin. The state GOP is still trying to overturn the 2020 election. If sanity is to prevail in a state that can decide national elections, Tony Evers needs to be re-elected Governor, and the GOP cannot get a veto-proof majority in the state legislature. The Evers race has flown under the radar for many Democrats, but it’s arguably the most consequential governor’s race–and the most underfunded–of the 2022 election.
- Join the WisDems on any day at any time to help make calls to ensure that Gov Evers is re-elected. SIGN UP HERE.
PA Dems Voter Protection Office hours and training. The PA Dems are committed to defending the right to vote for all Pennsylvania voters and electing Democrats up and down the ticket. On Mondays, you can learn about all things voter protection in Pennsylvania. They will also answer more specific questions for active voter protection volunteers such as “What do I do on Election Day if ____ happens?” or “How do I use LBJ?” If you are specifically interested in the voter assistance hotline, sessions are coming up.
- Voter Protection Office Hours every Monday at 7 PM ET. SIGN UP HERE.
- Voter Assistance Hotline Training is on various days/times. SIGN UP HERE.
Protecting the vote has never been more important. From discriminatory voting laws to intimidation at the polls, it’s becoming harder for voters to cast their ballots and ensure their voices are heard. We can help by making sure that every voter who wants to vote can vote. Voter Protection Hotline Volunteers answer voters’ questions about the voting process and help them overcome obstacles to voting. Poll Observers watch the voting process during Early Voting and on Election Day to make sure everything runs smoothly, rules are followed, machines are working, etc.
- Become a Voter Protection Hotline Volunteer and work from home. Three-hour shifts are available every day, seven days a week, 9 am-6 pm. Sign up for an initial training through this email.
- Recruit poll observers from a pool of consistent Democratic voters and volunteers. Read more with this Introduction, then contact Dana for the phone bank link. You can continue making these calls any day of the week!
What could be more exhilarating than walking through a New England town in autumn with a mission to win an election? Join Vermonters and other New Englanders who are crossing the state and talking with voters about what they are concerned about and asking them to support candidates up and down the ballot. Have questions about canvassing? Contact Janet Savage here.
- Current Canvassing Opportunities
Littleton: SIGN UP HERE
Keene: SIGN UP HERE
Lebanon: SIGN UP HERE
Claremont: SIGN UP HERE
Fund the Movement
September Beneficiary: New Hampshire
2 MORE DAYS to Contribute!!!!!
Let’s Meet Our Goal of $7000 and
Build Power at the Local Level
“A huge weakness in American liberalism right now is the obsession with national politics, which has led to ceding huge amounts of state and local power to the right.”
—Ezra Klein, “Democrats Chase Shiny Objects” Podcast
Why is the House of Representatives so important?
- The House selects the Secretary of State, the person who oversees elections.
- The House is currently dominated by the far-right, whose legislative agenda is out of step with NH voters: ban abortion, use public tax dollars for private education, restrict history curriculum, use “teacher loyalty” oaths, defund family planning and public health services, and ignore climate change.
In 2020, the New Hampshire Dems lost the House of Representatives by 1,316 votes. Regaining control is critical and DOABLE!
This month Lean Left Vermont is supporting two exciting New Hampshire campaigns to help make this happen.
- New Hampshire Young Democrats recruit, train, and help elect the next generation of progressive leaders. Since 2018, they have helped over 225 young candidates run for office; 156 of these young leaders went on to serve or are currently serving in elected positions across the state.
- New Hampshire House Dems Victory Committee is executing a targeted campaign to gain at least 17 seats in the House. In 2020, the closest races that kept Democrats from holding the majority were determined by just 754 votes, an average of 53 votes per race.
The money you donate will go a long way in helping candidates in local races take back the House of Representatives. Helping down-ballot candidates will help those at the top of the ticket!
Or contribute through your Giving Circle!
Lean Left Vermont has raised more than $325,000 since 2017!
To learn about the campaign in New Hampshire click here!
Check the Website for More Events!!
Lean Left Office Hours are canceled this Friday but will resume next Friday, October 7th, at 3:00 pm. Contact Dana if you have questions about phone banks or PowerHour.
Power Lunch Dates!
- Monday, October 10, 12:00 to 1:00 PM. Join Lean Left’s North Carolina Team for our monthly Lunch Hour meet-up where we share our activist experiences, brainstorm ways we can best use our skills and resources, and find community in our shared goal of building power and strengthening our democracy. Each month we’ll have a new topic for discussion. Bring your lunch, a snack or a drink, and let’s figure out how together we can work on behalf of North Carolina voters! Sign up here!
- Thursday, October 6, 12:00 to 1:00 PM. Join Lean Left’s New Hampshire Team for the monthly Power Hour Lunch, an informal meeting to get to know our fellow activists and brainstorm effective ways we can use our skills and resources in the few weeks left before the election. Find community in the shared goal of building power and strengthening our democracy. We’ll also share our own experiences and ideas around such topics as how we can encourage friends and neighbors to join us in this work. Email Rebecca to find out more. Sign up here!
Every Sunday between now and November 8, we’ll be making calls together at the Lean Left PowerHour. Show up anytime between 3 and 5 pm, then spend an hour working with other like-minded activists. If you only have one hour per week to dedicate to strengthening our democracy, PowerHour is the place for you! Here’s how it works.
Good Trouble Cafes + Giving Circles
Add Up to a Stronger Movement
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.