Call your CA state reps on priority bills
Indivisible State Strong priority bills will be up for an August Vote:
The California Legislature is entering its final phase and Indivisible State Strong priority bills will be up for votes in August. Please call your state representatives and share your views on these bills which could be the first to reach a vote in early August:
Call State Sen. Dodd: (916) 651-4003 (or email) and let him know you support:
- AB 2530: Enhanced access to health insurance for striking workers;
- AB 937: Prohibits informing ICE of inmate’s status and otherwise enhances California’s Values Act to eliminate coordination with ICE;
- AB 503: Reform juvenile probation. (“End Endless Probation Act”).
- SB 1100: Clarifies authority and process for expelling disorderly persons at public meetings
- SB 866: Allow youths 15 and older to consent to vaccination without requiring parental consent
- SB 222: Rate assistance for low-income water users.
A short update on the anti-abortion rights judge we called about: In case you missed it- after overwhelming public pressure, resistance from Democratic Senators, and Rand Paul’s refusal to return a “blue slip”, President Biden has decided not to nominate forced-birther judge Chad Meredith for a federal judgeship.
If you’re interested in getting involved in Indivisible Yolo:
- To learn more about joining one of our Indivisible Yolo committees and to see where you can volunteer, Sign up to #DoTheWork and fill out this quick interest form so we can connect with you!
- And check out our calendar for upcoming Indivisible Yolo events.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.