“It’s less about ‘how you feel’ and more about the practice of making a decision every day that you’re still gonna put one foot in front of the other, that you’re still going to get up in the morning. And you’re still going to struggle. . .It’s work to be hopeful.”
–Mariame Kaba, from
“The Necessity of Hope” by Rebecca Traister, New York Magazine
Actions You Can Take This Week!
Cheri Beasley made history as the first black woman to serve as Chief Justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court. She is poised to make history again as the first black woman from NC to serve in the U.S. Senate. Her race against Ted Budd, a steadfast Trump loyalist, is touted as one of the Dems’ best chances to flip a Senate seat, and our work on her behalf can support NC Dems up and down the ballot.
- Write pro-choice postcards on behalf of Cheri Beasley to NC Dems who sometimes skip the midterms. Click here for more info and to sign up.
- Cheri Beasley talks about the state of her race and how we can help her win at Make History with Cheri Beasley on Wed, July 27 at 8 pm. Lean Left is a co-sponsor of this event. SIGN UP HERE.
Nobody out crazies WI Republicans when it come to the Big Lie. Ron Johnson is just the tip of the iceberg. One GOP contender for governor wants to destroy the bipartisan WI Election Commission so there is only “one throat to choke…if elections go wrong.” Another is still actively pursuing the decertification of the 2020 presidential results. None of the Republicans looking to challenge Tony Evers for the Wisconsin governorship would have any hesitation to toss results they don’t like.
- Let’s make sure everyone in Wisconsin knows about it these efforts and can fight back. Help educate WI voters SIGN UP HERE with RepresentUs to call or text.
Support newly registered voters! The New Pennsylvania Project plans to register 1500-2000 new voters, some are new citizens, every month through the election. Red 2 Blue is ensuring that these newly registered voters are off on the right foot!
- Join us in contacting newly registered Democrats and Independents to ask if their registration materials have arrived and if not, help them find out their registration status and fix any problems. Contact Ann to get connected.
Let’s hit the road. Talking to real-live people in person IS how we can help Granite Staters win in November. We have several opportunities on the western side of New Hampshire where you can hop over in the morning, talk with voters, have lunch, and be home by the afternoon! Team up with other Vermonters!
- Sign up here and let us know you’re interested. We’ll get right back to you with detailed information! We also suggest taking Swing Blue Alliances’ “Deep Canvassing” Training. Learn more here.
Fund the Movement
Building Electoral Power in
Recently, when asked which voter groups needed to be mobilized for her campaign, Cheri Beasley, candidate for U.S. Senate, replied “rural black voters, particularly in northeastern North Carolina.”
This month Lean Left is supporting two organizations that are doing just that: mobilizing rural black voters in northeastern North Carolina.
- NC A. Philip Randolph Educational Fund builds relationships year-round to encourage and expand black political activity. They lead the way in registering, educating, supporting and mobilizing rural black voters.
- Advance Carolina engages with voters young and old and inspires them to become activists within their communities. According to Marcus Bass of Advance Carolina, “We’re making sure that [voters] understand the power they have on the ballot, especially this year.”
Together, these organizations connect deeply with rural voters and mobilize them to vote for candidates that will represent their interests.
Or contribute through your Giving Circle!
|Lean Left Vermont has raised more than $325,000 since 2017!|
|To learn about the campaign in North Carolina click here!|
New Hampshire Power Lunch, Thursday July 21, 12:00.
Join Lean Left’s New Hampshire Team for our monthly Power Hour Lunch. This is an informal meeting to bring everyone up to date on what is happening in the state, answer questions, and get to know our fellow activists. We’ll have NEW information about our effort to support down-ballot candidates in counties next to Vermont. So, bring your lunch, a snack or a drink, and let’s figure out how together we can work on behalf of New Hampshire voters! SIGN UP HERE
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.