In the dead of night, the Pennsylvania General Assembly advanced a constitutional amendment banning abortion.
But it has to pass again next year, before it faces voters.
while most of us were sleeping, the PA Senate GOP voted to advance a restrictive constitutional amendment banning abortion in PA, suspending a rule blocking votes after 11pm.
They did this without notice, without discussion and without debate. It’s passed the Senate, and is about to pass the House.
But we can still stop it. This amendment has to pass the General Assembly TWICE, with an election in between, before it goes to the voters on a statewide ballot as soon as 2023.
Turning Democrats out to vote and taking back the PA House this November will kill this anti-abortion Constitutional amendment. Here’s how we’re fighting back.
We must FIGHT BACK! Join us!
Late on a Friday night, Pennsylvania Republicans have just passed SB106, a Constitutional amendment declaring that there is no right to abortion.
It would stop PA courts from protecting abortion rights, paving the way for an abortion ban. And as a Constitutional amendment, the Governor cannot veto it.
Before this anti-choice horror becomes law, it has to pass again in the General Assembly next year, and face voters. We can STOP an abortion ban by taking back the PA House.
Today, your donations will help elect:
- Johanny Cepeda-Freytiz (PA-HD129 Berks), Reading City Councilwoman.
- Dr. Arvind Venkat (PA-HD30 Allegheny), emergency room physician.
- Paul Takac (PA-HD29 Centre), College Township Councilman.
- Paul Friel (PA-HD26 Chester), Owen J. Roberts School Board president.
- Mark Moffa (PA-HD142 Bucks), former Penndel Borough Councilman.
- Sara Agerton (PA-HD88 Cumberland), social work & healthcare administrator.
- Melissa Cerrato (PA-HD151 Montco), former PA House district director.
- Vito Malacari (PA-HD119 Luzerne), teacher’s union president.
- Cathy Spahr (PA-HD160 Chester/Delco), transportation planner.
- Tim Brennan (PA-HD29 Bucks), worker’s compensation attorney.
- Brian Munroe (PA-HD144 Bucks), Clerk of Court.
- Tarah Probst (PA-HD189 Monroe), Mayor of Stroudsburg.
- Lisa Borowski (PA-HD168 Delco), Radnor Township Commissioner.
We’re fighting with all our might to keep PA a safe haven for abortion.
Thanks for defending our rights,
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.