BE IN FROM THE BEGINNING! The NEW ALL IN to Win Virginiaonline community launched last night! Check below, you will not want to miss anything that is happening in the new space. Watch what happened at the ALL IN to Win VirginiaSummit kickoff in NoVA and get ready to rock it in rural Virginia in August.
Since the Supreme Court voted to overturn Roe v. Wade via the Dobbs v. Jackson decision, many corporate leaders (Dick’s Sporting Goods, Google, Patagonia, Live Nation) are speaking out and taking steps to protect their current and future employees. In recent years, the need for corporations to take a socially responsible stand against harmful laws that impact their employees has escalated, from corporations joining forces against attacks on the transgender community through bathroom bills to businesses in Georgia speaking out against voter suppression bills. This week on the Friday Power Lunch we will take a good, long look at the important role and impact of Corporate Social Responsibility. – who is doing what and who isn’t, and the implications for us. Join us!
BUILDING A BETTER WORLD
Female Entrepreneurs Talk Business & Social Responsibility
Friday Power Lunch, July 8, 2022 NOON ET
Join us for a roundtable discussion with five amazing female entrepreneurs on incorporating the concept of social responsibility as a core component of their organizational mission and values to engage employees, clients, members, and their communities. We will discuss the trends, innovations, impacts & role of effective leadership. We will end with a conversation on how they are building socially responsible organizational cultures.
Roundtable Participants will include:
- Mali Phonpadith (Founder and CEO of SOAR Community Network, Certified Diversity & Inclusion and Talent Optimization Leader, TEDx Speaker and bestselling international author) helps organizational leaders build compassionate, cohesive and collaborative (C3) organizational cultures.
- Connie St. John (President of No Weapon Productions and St. John Consulting Group) works with cultural influencers in leadership development, communications, strategic planning, diversity & inclusion awareness and training, and employee engagement.
- Marissa Levin (Co-Founder of Successful Cultural International, 30-year entrepreneur, speaker, bestselling author, mindset expert, and globally recognized growth strategist) helps organizations move from their current state to their desired state, and helps leaders reach their greatest personal and organizational potential.
- Sheryl Redding-Humphrey (Director of Operations and Safety at Ross School of Business for the University of Michigan) specializes in operational strategy and organizational coordination to efficiently manage operations, provide innovative concepts, and uses an entrepreneurial framework to inspire teams.
- Amy Dagliano (Co-Founder and Inspiration Cultivator at Rowan Tree co-working space for women entrepreneurs) uses her heart-centered creative leadership approach to make Rowan Tree an inclusive, safe, and open virtual community and a welcoming, productive, and supportive in-person workspace in Herndon, VA.
See you on Friday for a timely and engaging conversation with female entrepreneurs on Corporate Social Responsibility.
See What Happened at the SOLD OUT 6th Annual NoVA Event
Time to Get ALL IN On-line to WIN!!
Our room block at Blackburn Inn expires Tuesday, July 14 – Book NOW
**Calls To Action**
Please pause to take action & share! *Indicates a new CTA. Let’s get it done!
- Volunteer with Rideshare2Vote
- Advocate for Campaign Finance Reform in Virginia*
- Tell FERC to deny Mountain Valley Pipeline’s extension request before the July 14 deadline! Don’t give another pass to pollute!
- Thank Congress – Gun Violence Prevention Legislation
- Stop Environmental Injustice and Inequity on African American Communities
- Talk to everyone you know about the overturn of Roe v Wade – let them know we are in this fight together for body autonomy for the long game. It will take work and we cannot leave any voters behind!
- Become an Election Official or Poll Observer, see below:
Wondering how you can help with elections? Consider becoming an election official. This is why: Bannon is working to place far right election officials in election offices to help overturn elections so we need to sign up to be election officials EVERYWHERE! Info on How to Become an Election Official.
Help encourage businesses in Virginia to pay living wages! To help Virginia Interfaith Center for Public Policy (VICPP) grow its Living Wage Certification program. You can:
- Invite businesses to become certified. Forward the certification link to businesses you know (including nonprofit organizations and congregations) and urge them to become Living Wage Certified: https://www.livingwagevirginia.org/get-certified/
- Ask contractors you use to become certified. Inquire about whether the employers pay living wages. Especially on contracted services, there are huge differences in how workers are paid, with little difference on the rates you are charged. You won’t know if you don’t ask.
- Join the July 30 Living Wage Certification canvass. The next canvass will take place on July 30. You can join a canvass team in Northern Virginia, Charlottesville, Harrisonburg, or Richmond, or host your own in a retail strip near you. (Materials available.) We can send you all the materials for hosting your own. Or Register HERE to join the canvass in one of the four anchor cities.
Sunday, July 10th, 4:00pm – 5:30pm – Virginia Grassroots Coalition Meeting – RSVP here
Please join the NWPC-VA | Northern Region’s Women Empowerment Circle Meeting
Tuesday, July 12, 7pm
“No woman should be told she can’t make decisions about her own body. When women’s rights are under attack, we fight back.” United States Vice President, Kamala Harris.
The National Women Political Caucus-Virginia, is a multi-partisan grassroots organization dedicated to increasing women’s participation in the political process. Now more than ever, we need women informed, and actively involved at all levels of government. Join us to learn more about NWPC-VA and how you can get involved with the Northern Region’s Women Empowerment Circle. Reports from NWPC-VA committees will be shared and we will hear from amazing women trailblazers: Jennifer Carroll Foy, Former VA Delegate, State Senate Candidate and Lisa Sales, NOW-VA President.
Members and non-members are welcome to join. RSVP HERE
Westwood Country Club, Vienna
Sunday, July 10, 2022, 10:30-1:00pm
Hosted by the 11th CD Democratic Committee to honor Virginia Diamond with the John N. Sturdivant Award for her contribution and commitment to NOVA Labor community and Democratic values & ideas. RSVP HERE
Special guest, Congressman Gerry Connolly and other elected officials will join.
11th District Community Service Awards will be presented to:
- Joseph V Gartlan Award (Fairfax County) – Natalie Woodruff
- Deloris Hampton Award (Prince William County) – Ernie Jenkins
- Frederick W Silverthorne Award (Fairfax City) – Penelope Rood
Starting next week, the Rural GroundGame will be rebooting their 30 min Working Wednesdays to share info about candidate resources, texting and canvassing opportunities, new projects you can participate in and make time to hear your questions and feedback. Please join.
Wednesday, July 13th, 5:30pm – Virginia Redress Network bi-weekly meeting – RSVP here
5th Annual It’s On Us
National Student Leadership Summit
Challenging Convos to Create Collective Change, July 18-29
The team will be equipping students, organizers, survivors, and allies with virtual and interactive tools, and information to better prepare them to be leaders against campus sexual assault. Free, register now!
Wednesday, July 20th 6:00pm-8:00pm – Reception in Support of Senator Jennifer McClellan
Please join Stair Calhoun, Dawnee & Greg Giammittorio, Alexandria School Board Member Jacinta Greene, Jennifer Short & Nina Weissberg for a lovely and fun evening garden reception @The Home of Dawnee & Greg Giammittorio, Falls Church – Details with RSVP
Representatives Elaine Luria, Abigail Spanberger and Jennifer Wexton all have challenges this year. Please do whatever you can to support them with money, canvassing, phone banking and amplifying their voices. Let Virginia and the nation know what a great job our Democrats are doing: thus #DemsAct therefore #Vote4Dems.
Please amplify our candidates’ voices as they have done much to be proud, and we our fellow citizens need to know! This can be done at your comfort and convenience by talking to all you know and promoting our candidates’ voices on social media. All of our actions will go a long way for democracy in our state and nation. Let’s Do It!
Join Team Spanberger’s Weekly Digest! This Digest is full of great information on what Abigail has been doing and saying. Contact Justin Chermol, Press Secretary, Abigail Spanberger for Congress – firstname.lastname@example.org
Grassroots Canvass for Spanberger in Woodbridge – Saturday, July 9, 10:00am – 12:00pm
Join Indivisible Waterfront, Beyond Arlington, WofA, Blue Families and DC Ward 6 Dems to canvass for Spanberg! Whether experienced or a first-time activist, join us for a welcome and canvassing orientation 7/7 at 7 PM. Joe Tennant, Spanberger’s Field Organizer for Prince William County, will join us. If you can’t canvass on the 9th, come to the orientation anyway. Register to help us figure out potential carpooling and to receive more detailed information. To register for either click: https://forms.gle/yZQdxwhkeqeMw3C97
An Evening with Democratic Congresswoman Abigail Spanberger – Wed, July 13, 7:00pm
Please join hosts Brooke and Matt de Ferranti for an evening with Congresswoman Abigail Spanberger. A great opportunity to meet Abigail Spanberger in person, and raise funds for this pivotal race in November. https://secure.actblue.com/donate/span071322
Canvass for Elaine Luria – Courageous Congresswoman on the January 6 Commission (July 16-17, Virginia Beach)
Virginia Dems have always known that Elaine Luria is the real deal. And, as a member of the January 6 Commission, her capabilities and moral fiber have been displayed before the entire country. Nevertheless, Elaine needs our help! After the Virginia redistricting, she is one of the most endangered Dems in the US House of Representatives, and her Republican opponent, Delegate Jennifer Kiggins, is a formidable candidate. Her campaign has reached out to us to help with early canvassing. Please join WofA, NOPE Neighbors and VADF to canvas for Elaine in Virginia Beach. Now, more than ever, we need this talented Congresswoman to continue to represent Virginia.
Click Here to Sign Up. For more information, contact Sharon Shutler at email@example.com
This will be a delightful way to spend the summer evening! RSVP today!
Join Williamsburg JCC Indivisible for a Fun-raiser to help elect Herb Jones to Congress representing Virginia’s 1st Congressional District! There will be a line-up of wonderful Democrats speaking on behalf of Herb, including Senator Jennifer McClellan, Delegate Mike Mullin, representing his District since 2016, former Chair of the Democratic Central Committee for VACD01 and School Board Member in Fredericksburg, Matt Rowe and current Chair of the Democratic Central Committee for VACD01 and Chair of the Gloucester Democrats, Dianne Carter de Mayo. The speaker portion of this event will conclude with our Candidate himself, Herb Jones. What food best represents summer? HOTDOGS The fare at this event will be provided by Dominion Dogs, a gourmet hotdog vendor that will, no doubt, have a topping to tickle your fancy. And don’t worry vegans and vegetarians, we have you covered! There will be limited seating outside for dining.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.