Today, extremists at the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade. In over a dozen states, abortion is now illegal or soon will be. This is a devastating outcome, but we are ready and we will not go back.
Here in California, our right to an abortion is protected by state law. But we must still step up.
There is a protest today at San Francisco City Hall at 5 PM. Join Indivisible, Women’s March, Planned Parenthood NorCal, and many others to say: Bans off our bodies!
Here is what you can do right now to protect our communities and Americans across the nation.
- Clinics across the country are either facing legal challenges in their own states or seeing an influx of patients from other states—or both. Pick one and make a donation; if you’re nearby, offer to volunteer; or ask them how else you can help.
- Abortion Access Front maintains an Adopt-a-Clinic list where you can see a clinic’s Amazon wish list and send something it needs, from office supplies to cozy socks for patients.
- Support abortion funds. There are grassroots organizations all over the country that help people pay for abortion care and everything it takes to access it, like child care or transportation. Spread the word that they exist, and if you can, donate to a fund in a state that’s restricting abortion access or one in a state that people are traveling to for care they can’t get at home.
- Meet patients’ immediate needs (like a ride, a safe place to stay, or gas money) by volunteering with your local abortion fund or practical support group.
- Learn about and share information about at-home use of medication abortion.
- Get support for miscarriage and self-managed abortion by calling or texting M+A Hotline at 833-246-2632.
- Get information about self-managed abortion and the law from Repro Legal Helpline, a project of If/When/How: Lawyering for Reproductive Justice.
- Get information about clinics and legal restrictions in each state at INeedAnA.com, a vetted, up-to-date directory that does not save any search or user data.
- To talk to someone about all pregnancy options, call the All Options Talkline at 888-493-0092 from anywhere in the US or Canada.
Keep Fighting,The Indivisible SF Team
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.