All hands on deck! Abortion rights mobilization: May 14th, 11-2pm, Sacramento
Saturday, May 14th, 11am-2pm at the Sacramento Capitol- rally for abortion rights
It’s time to show up for abortion rights. The Supreme Court has signaled they’re ready to overturn Roe v. Wade, and we aren’t going to let that happen without a fight. A massive, nation-wide rally is organized for Saturday, May 14th. We need to make it clear: we will come out in force to prevent our rights being stripped away.
Make your plan to show up with every friend, neighbor, and family member at the Sacramento Capitol building May 14th, 11-2pm. (You can RSVP here.)
Republicans are eyeing us right now, waiting to see if there is a backlash- or if we will allow them to keep stripping away rights without any consequences. We have to make it clear this won’t stand. This is the start of a massive mobilization; keep an eye out for additional upcoming actions, including emergency mobilizations 24 hours after SCOTUS hands down an official decision.
Thank you! To everyone who came out to the May 3rd rally just after we found out about the draft SCOTUS opinion preparing to overturn Roe v. Wade. Get ready for the next one: May 14th, 11am-2pm, show up at the Sacramento Capitol building to protest in support of abortion rights.
Cynthia Rodriguez for Yolo County District Attorney:
Vote by mail ballots have been mailed to voters for the June 7th election!
Indivisibles are passionate about racial justice and want to address bias in the criminal justice system. Our current District Attorney, a staunch conservative who only reluctantly made minimum changes after public pressure, is being challenged by Cynthia Rodriguez- a progressive reformer endorsed by Indivisible Yolo and other progressive organizations. Time is short before the votes are in, but there are still chances to make a difference this election.
Ways to make a difference in the local DA race:
- Register to make calls with Indivisible Yolo and learn how to make more on your own
- Volunteer with the campaign
- Donate to campaign
- Write letters to the editor
- We have lots of Lawn Signs -please help us plant them all over the County: email@example.com
- We have canvassing for Cynthia every Sunday in West Sacramento at 12:30 and 3:30; to learn more please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will be in touch.
Upcoming events can also be found on Cynthia Rodriguez’s website.
Canvass in Reno with Walk Team Yolo: May and June
California may be more liberal than other states, but we will not be exempt from the effects if we let Republicans gain power in the House and Senate. Mitch McConnell has already said that Republicans will consider a nationwide ban on abortion if they gain power- including banning abortion in California and all blue states. If it wasn’t before, it’s crystal clear now what’s at stake in the next election.
If that has you fired up and ready to go, join us as we knock doors in Nevada!
- Thursday, May 19, 7-8 p.m. Online Training for May 21 Canvassing Trip to Reno
- Thursday, June 9, 7-8 p.m. Online Training for June 11/June 12 Canvassing Trip to Reno
This is a joint effort by Indivisible Yolo and Sister District CA-3.
Sign up here: https://www.mobilize.us/indivisibleyolo/event/458092/
And as always:
- To join one of our Indivisible Yolo committees and to see where you can volunteer, Sign up to #DoTheWork and fill out this quick interest form so we can connect with you!
- And check out our calendar for upcoming Indivisible Yolo events.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.