Key Messages and Hashtags
3. Republicans in Texas, Idaho, South Dakota, Iowa, and more states are trying to make abortion illegal, imposing evangelical Christian Nationalist religious views on pregnant peoples’ bodies. A woman in Texas was charged with murder after a self induced abortion. See Article Here. Do these Republicans look like people who believe in #Liberty, or the #FreedomToThrive?
4. Biden/Harris administration has lowered the deficit by $354 billion, once again cleaning up the preceding Republican administration’s mistakes. Deficit hawks should be pleased. The more people are employed, the more the deficit goes down! #DeficitReduction #FreedomToThrive
5. Republicans continue to double down on anti-American, anti-patriotic actions. a. Don Trump Jr texted Mark Meadows to plan the coup just 2 days after the election, and coverage was buried in the NYT. b. There is a 7-hour gap in White House call logs on Jan. 6 (in contrast to 20 minutes missing in Watergate). What would these call logs reveal about the attempted overthrow of the government? Also, there’s virtually no record of gifts received by TFG and staff the last year of the Trump Administration. The grift continues. c. 63 House Republicans voted against supporting NATO.
Download and share the content below to as many places as possible. Visit our Graphics Library. for more great graphic content!
- Download the content above and post to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or another platform of your choice. (Click on the image to enlarge, then right click/double finger click to “save image as”). Everything you see here is free and open source. Also, find DemCast’s content here. And Into Action’s content here.
- On Twitter: Focus on new information in the coup investigation, #RepublicanTraitors, and holding Republicans accountable. Make stories the mainstream media buries trend on social media.
- On Facebook: Focus on asking people to spread the message about Democrats’ achievements and values, the massive increase in jobs, Ketanji Brown Jackson, the #FreedomToLearn true history (don’t repeat CRT even to say it doesn’t exist).
- Commit to stop refuting Republican messaging with their own words. It is time to change the conversation framing to our own ground and to start talking about #FreedomToThrive.
- Do not like, retweet, or comment on Republican content online—screenshot if you must.
There is no other way to preserve democracy than to WIN BIG in November. To that end, please talk to every single person in your network about volunteering and voting in primaries and in November. This is the #1 priority, and everything else we talk about supports that.
Ben Wickler interview, on Pod Save America on the Wisconsin primaries. Interview starts at Minute 41. Great information for messaging in 2022.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.