Learn, Share, Get Active with Us: April 6
2022 is vital for our democracy – you can play a part. Join us online on Wednesday, April 6th, 7:30-9:00 pm to reconnect and find out exciting ways to get involved and make a difference in 2022.
- Kina Collins, our endorsed candidate for Congress in IL-07. Hear about the issues she’ll fight for and ask her your questions.
- Julia Kline, co-leader of Neighbors Who Vote and a member of IC-SS. Learn about Illinois’s new program of permanent vote-by-mail.
- Bill Mengebier, from the ICA Election 2022 Team. Learn how you can join with others to fight for progressive candidates and a Democratic majority at the state and national levels.
- Share your own action priorities and ideas for involvement.
- Work on your own Vote Forward letters and show them off.
- Make cocktails & mocktails with Esther! Recipes after you register.
Register here & mark your calendars! Meet Kina Collins, Julia Kline, Bill Mengebier, and IC-South Side friends on Wed, April 6th, 7:30-9:00 pm.
Let’s Go, Joe: This Wed, 3/23
With the stroke of a pen, President Biden can make a difference. Let’s push him to act via executive action! Find out how at Indivisible’s livestream on Wednesday.
National Indivisible shares this event: It’s within President Biden’s authority to deliver critical proposals like lowering prescription drug prices, canceling student debt, climate action, and much more. But it’s up to us to demand it.
Indivisible is prioritizing executive action in two key areas that are extremely popular and politically possible, and that align with Indivisible’s core advocacy issues: Climate Action and Canceling Student Debt. BUT watch for future calls to action on more executive actions in the future.
Join Indivisible at the Let’s Go Joe livestream on Wednesday, March 23rd at 5:00pm CDT to learn more about how executive actions can translate into immediate improvements to people’s lives. Get info/Sign up.
Volunteer with Team Kina
Kina Collins will fight for us in Congress! Let’s fight for her now.
Indivisible Chicago-South Side members voted decisively to endorse Kina Collins for Congress in IL-07, a district that will include part of the South Side, as well as the West Side, nearby western suburbs, and downtown.
- Phonebank for Kina Collins, Sunday, March 27th, 4:00-6:00 pm. Get info/Sign up
- Canvass with Team Kina in Ukrainian Village, Sunday, April 3rd, 1:00-3:00 pm. Get info/Sign up
- Find many other volunteer opportunities here!
Chicago Fights for Wisconsin – Join Us!
Wisconsin is at the frontline in the fight for democracy. Chicago can help.
Find Your Way to Volunteer for WI: Texting & More
Help WisDems keep Wisconsin blue and save democracy too. Say you like texting? They got you! Like helping recruit volunteers by phone? You can do that, too. Go here for all the info – then see specific opportunities below.
TEXTBANK TRAINING THIS WEEK (Tues and Thurs)
Come learn how to use Reach to text Wisconsin voters about requesting their ballots and keep them up to date with voting information. One-hour textbank trainings are tomorrow, Tues, March 22, 7:00 pm or Thurs, March 24, 5:30 pm. Get info/Sign up.
GOTV WEEKEND PHONEBANK (Sat-Sun, March 26-27)
Join the Democratic Party of Wisconsin on Saturday or Sunday, March 26-27 to talk to infrequent voters and make sure they turn out to vote for the Spring Elections (April 5th) and in the fall! You just need a phone and laptop. Get info/Sign up
FYI: Wisconsin Election Dates for 2022
- WI spring election (local): April 5
- WI national primary: Aug 9
Fight for Voting Rights: Phone Voters
Ready to fight for voting rights in the states? All you need is a phone and computer. Newbies welcome! You get training and support on Zoom from friendly organizers from Common Cause and Indivisible Chicago.
- Tuesdays, 3:00-5:00 pm. With citywide Indivisible Chicago, we’ve been calling voters in other states & helping them take action to protect elections. (You may see co-host Sarah Lincoln and other familiar faces.) Get info/Sign up.
- Need other days/times? Common Cause offers phonebank opportunities every day of the week, with many options outside regular working hours. Get info/Sign up
Write Letters & Postcards – Have an Impact
Super busy but still want to make a difference? Find small gaps in your schedule and write to voters from your living room.
Vote Forward Letters
Check out the many Vote Forward campaigns here – including some in Illinois, like Rep Lauren Underwood‘s district (IL-14). Do a little window shopping and then make your choice!
ACT: Start writing: sign up now right here.
Postcards to Swing States
Get ready to write postcards to voters in key states withPostcards to Swing States, a Progressive Turnout Project effort. For most campaigns, you’ll get postcards, instructions, and mailing lists for free and then buy your own stamps. (For a few campaigns, you provide your own postcards.) Sign up now.
Organizations & Opportunities
Indivisible Chicago-South Side shares information and action announcements from other organizations on issues important in our country, state, city, and communities.
End Torture of Prisoners at Menard – Wed March 23
From CAARPR: End the torture of prisoners in Menard Penitentiary! Join CAARPR for a march and rally with family members of those incarcerated at Menard penitentiary, and demand their immediate removal from the inhumane conditions which IDOC is inflicting. Wednesday, March 23rd, 12:00 noon, Thompson Center. Get info.
Solving the Homelessness Crisis: Wed March 23
From JCUA: 58,000 people experience homelessness in Chicago. Join residents of the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 7th Wards to learn about this issue and encourage our alders to support the Bring Chicago Home campaign and legislation.
Join JCUA in person or virtually for a South Side town hall, Solving the Homelessness Crisis in Chicago, this Wednesday, March 23rd from 6:00-8:00 pm:
- In person: KAM Isaiah-Israel Congregation, 1100 E Hyde Park Blvd. Register here.
- Online: Watch the livestream here.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.