TAKE URGENT ACTION NOW
ED CASE ACCOUNTABLE!
BEFORE HOUSE BUDGET VOTE ON
MONDAY AUG 23
***SIGN HOLDING OUTSIDE ED CASE DOWNTOWN OFFICE
TODAY at NOON
***CALL ED CASE’S OFFICE TO DEMAND HE VOTE TO SUPPORT THE BIDEN AGENDA TO DELIVER CARE, CLIMATE, JOBS AND JUSTICE***
DETAILS ON THESE ACTIONS BELOW
First of all thanks to everyone who joined us Tuesday evening for our General Membership meeting to discuss Rep Ed Case and his non-Democratic moves. We had a lively discussion and input from many.
Ed Case has signed on with 8 other Democrats to ambush President Biden’s American Jobs and Family Plan (AJFP). The priorities included in this reconciliation bill include:
- Pathway to Citizenship
- Dramatically Lower Drug Prices & Use Savings to Pay for Public Health Expansion
- Investments in fighting Climate Change
- Investments in the Care Economy
- Investments in Housing
- And, a revenue plan to support the bill by requiring corporations to pay their fair share and by increasing taxes on individuals making more than $400,000 a year.
Click here to see Indivisible National’s concise explanation of what the bill proposes.
This email summarizes the main actions and resources we’ve identified to stop Case from ambushing President Biden’s agenda. There will be a vote on Monday, Aug 23, so we need to get the message out quickly.
1. PROTEST OUTSIDE OF CASE’S DOWNTOWN HONOLULU OFFICE –
When: TOMORROW Noon, Thursday, Aug 19
Where: Tamarind Park, 1003 Bishop St. Parking at Ali’i Place
BRING SIGNS (we will have some) – Samples include:-
- ED STOP GRANDSTANDING – SERVE YOIR CONSTITUTERNTS
- ED – BE A DEMOCRAT
- ED – DO YOU SUPPORT THE PACS WHO PAY YOU OR THE PEOPLE WHO VOTED FOR YOU?
- REP ED CASE (D)? OR (R)?
- ED – YOU WERN’T ELECTED TO BE A REPUBLICAN
- ED – SUPPORT TAX FAIRNESS
- DON’T KILL SUPPORT FOR CARE, CLIMATE, JOBS AND JUSTICE
- DON’T KILL FUNDS FOR CLIMATE CHANGE
- DON’T KILL BIDEN’S PLAN TO EXPAND MEDICARE
- YOU WER ELECTED TO REPRESENT US NOT UNDERMINE US
- PATSY MINK, DANIEL AKAKA AND DAN INOUYE WOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOU
- DON’T BRING SHAME TO HAWAII
2. MAKE CALLS TO CASE’S OFFICE
- Call Ed Case’s office daily for the next few days. Phone numbers are 808-650-6688 (Hawaii) or 202-225-2726 (DC)
- Click here to identify the days and times that you will be calling.
- The message is short and simple: “Please support BOTH infrastructure bills and follow Nancy Pelosi’s guidance to avoid jeopardizing this two-part infrastructure initiative and the whole Biden agenda. Represent the people of CD1 who elected you, and act like a Democrat, not a Republican.”
- Share this with 5 (or more!) of your like-minded friends to have them also call Case’s office.
- If you are belong to other groups with an interest in one of the many programs in this bill, contact them re: what this bill does for their issue of interest. For example one participant is part of Save Medicaid Hawaii and this bill has an important expansion of Medicare.
3. JOIN US FOR CALL WITH REP. KAI KAHELE
- Thursday, Aug 19, 9am
- Click here to RSVP
- We need to be sure Rep. Kahele understands that we do not support Rep Case’s strategy and that we expect him to act as a Democrat.
TAKE ACTION TODAY!
Visit our WEBSITE for info on upcoming events!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.