Many Indivisibles here in Washington are saying that there is just an almost overwhelming number of things that need action right now.
The legislative session is in its final days, so we’re working to push some bills across the finish line—and making sure others go down. And then, at the federal level, there are things like S1, DC statehood, ending the filibuster, and the THRIVE Act.
To help us prioritize all of this, and to talk about how you can be most effective in taking action, we’re joined by Nina Moussavi, Indivisible’s senior regional organizer for Washington and California.
- Tool to write a letter to the editor supporting elimination of the filibuster: https://act.newmode.net/action/indivisible-project/demand-senate-eliminate-filibuster-save-our-democracy
- Write a letter to the editor and submit it to your local paper! ACLU WA has a toolkit and list of outlets around the state.
- Op-ed written by Linda Wehrman of Indivisible Whidbey, Jon Pincus of Indivisible Plus Washington, and retired Republican state legislature Norma Smith (R-Whidbey): https://www.heraldnet.com/opinion/comment-we-need-a-data-privacy-law-but-senate-bill-isnt-it/
- Template tool for writing letters to the editor: https://act.newmode.net/action/indivisible-project/demand-senate-eliminate-filibuster-save-our-democracy
- Bad WA privacy bill: Let your legislators know they need to Fix It Or Nix It! https://bit.ly/FixItOrNixIt
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.