The Westchester County Police Reform & Reimagining Task Force is looking for public comment regarding its recently released report.
- Download and read it here.
- Submit comments: BOLPublicComments@westchesterlegislators.com
- New Date! Watch the Public Safety meeting public comment session is Thursday, March 11th @ 7PM.
- Online: Members of the public who would like to speak via Webex may go to the Event Information page to register: https://westchestergov.webex.com/westchestergov/onstage/g.php?MTID=effe129e657086c8a1af951a58dbf3df7
- By phone: Participants may dial-in, toll-free, when the session starts at 1-844-621-3956. Enter the meeting access code: 185 569 8776#
TUESDAY, 3/9 @ 7 pm
- The struggle for women’s economic equality has suffered setbacks during the pandemic.
- Click here to register for this event and to learn more about resources available to women.
- Click here to register.
- According to the Center for Common Ground, “There are currently 165 voter suppression bills that have been introduced in 28 state legislatures.”
- Georgia, where Democrats flipped two U.S. Senate seats, is ground zero in the fight against voter suppression.
- Click here to sign up to phone bank to help GA voters in key districts connect with their state senators.
Click here to send a letter to state lawmakers and officials in support of banning hybrid voting machines.
Assembly Bill A1115 (Paulin) / Senate Bill S309 (Myrie)The bill amends election law §7-202 to say that a voting machine or system approved by the state board of elections shall:
u. be constructed so that, after the paper ballot is cast by the 15 voter, the voting machine or system never passes the cast ballot under a 16 printer that can print votes onto the ballot, including as a result of 17 unauthorized, malicious and/or faulty software and/or firmware. According to Smart Elections, "This bill will address one of security experts' primary concerns about “hybrid” voting machines, namely that the printer and the scanner share the same paper path. If we prevent this type of system from being certified, it will help preserve our current system of hand-marked paper ballots for most voters and ballot-marking devices that follow certain security provisions for voters with disabilities."
Click here to register.
- New York State has a website which allows you to determine if you are eligible for the COVID vaccine.
- View the Westchester County COVID dashboard here.
- The NYS COVID vaccination hotline is (833) NYS-4 VAX; (833) 697-4829.
It’s crucial that we continue to support efforts to end the filibuster.
- Read Indivisible’s primer on eliminating the filibuster.
- Check out Ezra Klein’s latest Op-Ed, The Senate Has Become A Dadaist Nightmare.
- Join activists across the country in support of #FilibusterFridays by reaching out to electeds via social media each Friday with messages about why ending the filibuster matters!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.