SPECIAL EVENT TONIGHT!
The Subversive Act of Seeing.. don’t miss this film, Witness at Tornillo
tonight 7:30, register for the link.
Tonight’s Witness at Tornillo event is at 7:30 EST
Register for the link
The film tells the story of one man from Brooklyn as he sits alone in a West Texas Dessert feeling morally compelled to witness the horrors of family separation and child detention on the southern border. His goal is to shut down an American Internment Camp and free 2,800 migrant teenagers kept against their will.
Witness at Tornillo follows Josh Rubin, an activist for immigrant rights. He helped draw attention to the Tornillo facility, moving on from there to a similar youth detention facility in Homestead Florida. Rubin defines Witnessing–the “radical act of seeing” as a key form of protest. Q and A after the film.
Indivisible FL-13 Contact Information
Indivisible FL-13 is a member of the Indivisible Florida Network and the Pinellas Coalition For Immigration Justice.
- Indivisible Florida Network
- Pinellas Coalition For Immigration Justice Website
- Indivisible FL-13 Website
- Email Indivisible FL-13 at email@example.com
- Pinellas County Progressive Calendar
- Resist Bot, fax your representatives via text message. Text RESIST to 50409
- Fax your congressperson for free at FaxZero.com
- Get action alerts from Countable.us
- Register to vote, vote by mail!
Florida 13 Congressperson Phone Numbers
|Senator Marco Rubio (R)||DC (202)224-3041||Local (813)287-5035|
|Senator Rick Scott (R)||DC (202) 224-5274|
|Representative Charlie Crist (D)||DC (202) 225-5961||Local (888)205-5569|
Indivisible St. Pete (Indivisible FL-13)
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.