Register for our
National Popular Vote Discussion
This Sunday, Jan 24, 3-4 pm
Please join Indivisible Hawaii for a zoom presentation by Eileen Reavey, the National Grassroots Coordinator of National Popular Vote.
You don’t want to miss this session!
What is the National Popular Vote?
The National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC) has passed in 15 states (including Hawaii!) + DC representing 196 Electors. When the states in the Compact represent 270 or more electoral votes, all of their electoral votes will be given to the candidate who wins the national popular vote.
We need additional state legislatures to pass NPVIC representing at least 74 additional Electors to reach 270. We need this as soon as possible, but certainly by early 2024. If we can make this happen, the next U.S. President will be the person who gets the majority of the votes across the country, by definition. No amendments to the Constitution are required!
- A summary of the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact agreement
- Which states have the possibility of joining NPVIC in 2021, with activists’ help?
- What is the status in those states?
- How can Hawaii residents help?
- Questions and answers
Prior to the meeting
- You must register for the zoom session at https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwvcuGhpzwqHdcxaVJvpKpKjy7CPsMmpZCO After registering, you will be emailed your unique link to access the zoom call. Hit Add to Calendar to have your calendar updated with the meeting and link.
- If you’re not familiar with the NPV, check out their website at www.nationalpopularvote.com and be sure to watch this YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkrKOOMOVv4
- Contact Keith Richmond at IndWind808@gmail.com
Visit our WEBSITE for info on upcoming events!
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.