Three grant programs were announced last week, stemming from Governor Whitmer’s stimulus plan. These programs aim to offset financial losses incurred due to the COVID-19 pandemic for employees, small businesses, and entertainment venues. For more information about COVID-19 grants and resources for Michiganders, visit michiganbusiness.org.
EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE GRANTS
- What: The State of Michigan has allocated $45 million to provide support to employees impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grant Amount: Eligible recipients meeting all criteria and providing a complete and accurate application will be awarded assistance up to $1,650. The award is taxable, but it will NOT count against your unemployment as income.
- Eligible Industries (employees working in the following industries qualify): Restaurants, hotels, motels, bed & breakfast, resorts, bars, food trucks, bowling alleys, theaters, nightclubs, golf courses, banquet halls, caterers, casinos, cafeterias, and other impacted industries.
- Applications: Applications opened on January 15, 2021 at 9:00 am and will be available until January 25, 2021 at 5:00 pm. Click here to learn more and apply.
MICHIGAN SMALL BUSINESS SURVIVAL GRANT PROGRAM
- What: $55 million in survival grants for Michigan small businesses disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 virus.
- Grant Amount: Awarded grant amounts will be at the discretion of each EDO administering the grants. Grants may be awarded up to $20,000 for eligible businesses that have been temporarily closed and up to $15,000 for an eligible business that has been partially closed, or otherwise is open.
- Eligible Expenses: Grant funds may be used by the business for eligible expenses including working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, and other expenses related to reopening a business incurred between November 18, 2020 and April 30, 2021.
- Application: Opens Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 9:00 am EST and will close on Friday, January 22 at 12:00 pm (noon) EST. Click here to learn more and apply.
MICHIGAN STAGES SURVIVAL GRANT PROGRAM
- What: The State of Michigan has allocated $3.5 million to create the Michigan Stages Survival Grant Program to provide grants to entertainment venues affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Grant Amount: The maximum grant request is $40,000. There is no match requirement. The Michigan Independent Venue and promoter Association (MIVPA) will have the discretion to recommend final grant award for applications.
- Eligible Expenses: Awarded grant funds are to be used for working capital to support payroll expenses, rent, mortgage payments, utility expenses, or costs related to reopening a business.
- Applications: Grant applications will open on Thursday, January 21, 2021 at 9:00 am EST and close on Thursday, January 28 at 12:00 pm (noon). Click here to learn more and apply.
Connect With Us:
Oakland County Democratic Party
555 Horace Brown Drive, Suite 202
Madison Heights, MI 48071
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.