2020 Election Day Update and Party Invitation
I’ll keep this short because you and I should both get back to the work of getting those last few voters to the polls.
First, a huge thank you (and I’m sure to leave someone out here in my rush) to
- The poll observers who are out today. We’ve never marshaled so many! It’s not because we expect trouble at the polls, but because the Democratic Party is watching to gather evidence that the election is running fairly and according to law. It’s why we’ve had two witnesses to the 7 days of vote tabulation that has already taken place.
- The poll workers (Democrats and Republicans and Other) who are putting in immensely long days today.
- Our donors, who made it possible for us to send thousands of text messages, print (and mail) sample ballots, print door hangers, buy car-decorating supplies, publish ads in the Daily Sun and Payson Roundup and on Facebook, and hire workers to support our hundreds of volunteers in getting more work done than many ever thought possible
- A supportive and hard-working Executive Committee
- Those hundreds of volunteers and especially those who have stepped into leadership roles
- The Judy Begay Working Group, which has done amazing work to be appreciated, detailed, and modeled in years to come.
- The LD-6 four-county working group – again, a model for how to win a sprawling legislative district
- Northeast Arizona Native Democrats — a three-county effort that today has more than 25 field organizers working to GOTV on sovereign land.
- Elected officials and LatinX community leaders who have inspired voters we’ve often had difficulty reaching in the past
- Kelsey Blakey – office manager extraordinaire
- The Mission for Arizona and LD-6 District Managers and Field Organizers
- My very patient and supportive spouse
Second, keep up the phone calls. There are still voters to encourage to get themselves to the polls. And, these voters often have questions you can answer — like where do they need to go. Links to get into the phone banks are on the left side of our homepage at CoconinoDemocrats.org
Third, Aubrey Sonderegger and Sarah Benatar have put together a fabulous Election Night Watch Party. Join at 6:30 right after you’ve made your last GOTV call.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 847 6127 6550
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,84761276550# US (Tacoma)
+13462487799,,84761276550# US (Houston)
Let’s all be patient. Read Expectations.
Watch our website and Facebook page for events — as necessary — in the coming days. Let’s support our local officials and volunteers as they continue the count.
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.