On today’s episode, Nicholas Baham II (Dr. Dreadlocks), Janice Domingo, and Nolan Higdon discuss California’s Prop 22 which seeks to reclassify the employees of Uber, Lyft, and similar companies to independent contractors. Then they discuss conflict management with contemplative conflict coach Dr. Gail Young.
Along The Line is a non-profit, education-based podcast that provides listeners with context and analysis about various critical and contemporary issues and topics. Hosted by Dr. Nolan Higdon, Dr. Dreadlocks (Nicholas Baham III), and Janice Domingo. ATL’s Creative Director is Dylan Lazaga. Mickey Huff is ATL’s producer. ATL’s engineer is Janice Domingo. Adam Armstrong is ATL’s webmaster.
Dr. Nicholas L. Baham III is a Professor of Ethnic Studies at CaliforniaState University East Bay and teaches courses in Black Studies and Genders& Sexualities in Communities of Color. His academic research focuseson African American religious experience, alternative Black sexualities, JazzStudies, James Baldwin, and Afrofuturism. His book, The Coltrane Church: Apostles of Sound, Agents of Social Justice was published in 2015 by McFarland Press.
Dr. Nolan Higdon is an author and university lecturer of history and media studies. Higdon’s areas of concentration include youth culture, news media history, and critical media literacy. He sits on the boards of the Action Coalition for Media Education(ACME) and Northwest Alliance For Alternative Media And Education. His most recent publications include United States of Distraction (co-author with Mickey Huff, City Lights, 2019) and The Anatomy of Fake News: A CriticalNews Literacy Education (University of California Press, 2020).
Janice Domingo is a co-host and sound engineer for ATL. She has a background in the pharmaceutical industry with certification in bioscience, BA in Mass Communication with an emphasis in media production from California State University East Bay and is a MA candidate at San Francisco State University.
Along the Line is brought to you by The Media Freedom Foundation.
Listen to our previous content at https://www.projectcensored.org/atl/
Along the Line is a proud member of the Demcast Network. https://demcastusa.com/
Listen to Along the Line on these platforms:
- Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/3E5JGKCDVVePzxQxFY7jJg?si=jd65roYdQwWYA00TC9K6tg
- Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/along-the-line/id1447780425?mt=2
Follow us on Twitter:
- ATL Official Twitter – https://twitter.com/alongtheline2
- Dr. Nolan Higdon – https://twitter.com/Nolan_higdon
- Dr. Nicholas Baham III – https://twitter.com/doctordredlocks
- Janice Domingo – https://twitter.com/j_nice44
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/alongthelineshow/
- RSS feed: https://www.projectcensored.org/feed/podcast/along-the-line
- Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out these books:
- The Anatomy of Fake News by Nolan Higdon – https://www.projectcensored.org/product/the-anatomy-of-fake-news-a-critical-news-literacy-education-pre-order-singed-copy/
- United States of Distraction by Nolan Higdon and Mickey Huff – https://www.citylights.com/book/?GCOI=87286100388060
Support Along the Line and Project Censored: https://www.projectcensored.org/support/
Please follow, subscribe, and most importantly, listen responsibly to Along the Line! https://www.youtube.com/AlongTheLine
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.