It’s time for new leadership at the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office.
My name is Kristin Graziano, and I’m running to be the next sheriff of Charleston County. After 32 years of the same leadership, it’s time for a fresh approach. I need your support to bring change to a department that lacks accountability, transparency, and diversity.
When my opponent first became sheriff in 1988, I started my career in law enforcement in Virginia. I served as a deputy with the Charleston County Sheriff’s Office for 18 years, up until February 2020, when my opponent put me on leave when I announced my candidacy. He doesn’t think there is anything wrong with how he’s been running the department.
I beg to differ.
If the events of this year have taught us anything, it’s that we desperately need law enforcement reform. As sheriff, I pledge to do the following:
- Open up the department to independent audits to measure our policing tactics and our spending.
- Internally restructure the department to recruit more diverse employees, create a graded career track to hold them accountable, and remove waste from the top ranks.
- Create a Community Liaison Task Force and bring community policing back into the fold.
- Examine how we handle the housing of federal inmates, specifically nonviolent immigrants, and create a task force that repairs broken bonds with the local immigrant community.
- Completely overhaul our juvenile justice system to focus more on rehabilitation than punitive measures.
I hope you’ll pledge your support and vote for me this November. This seat is very winnable, and this week I received the endorsement of SC Equality PAC and LGBTQ Victory Fund, being named one of its nationwide Top 20 Spotlight Candidates!
If you have questions, you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for the opportunity. I look forward to wearing the badge again.
Kristin for Sheriff
Important election dates
Last day to register to vote is Oct. 3, 2020
Election day is Nov. 3, 2020
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.