Want to help kick Lindsey Graham out of the Senate this November?
Graham’s flip flop from declaring pre-election, “If we nominate Trump, we will be destroyed … and we will deserve it” to becoming Trump’s golfing buddy and frequent surrogate on TV has inspired a lot of anger and confusion among his constituents. In Congress, he has voted with Trump 87% of the time, including votes to dismantle the Affordable Care Act and blocking witnesses from the Senate impeachment trial, much less the votes to acquit Trump of those charges.
Graham will be facing the winner of the Democratic primary, Jaime Harrison. Harrison has already proved to be a formidable fundraiser, outraising Graham $7.2M to $5.6M in the first quarter of the year. Watch one of his terrific campaign videos here:
However, we should not make the mistake of assuming the seat will flip. Flipping an incumbent is not easy, and Lindsey Graham is deeply ensconced in South Carolina. He won his re-election in 2014 by 15 points. Also, recall that Trump won South Carolina by 14 points in 2016. It’ll take a lot of us working together to make sure Jaime Harrison flips this Senate seat.
How you can help Jaime Harrison flip this Senate seat
No surprise, it’s going to take good old fashioned organizing and investment.
1. Support Jaime Harrison’s campaign. You can make a donation HERE. Remember, this is South Carolina; the Republicans will protect this seat. You can sign up to volunteer for his campaign HERE. Follow him on Twitter HERE and amplify his messages.
2. Sign up to do some text banking. Indivisible is targeting the South Carolina Senate seat as part of their Payback Project. Sign up to get notifications about upcoming texting campaigns.
3. Check for volunteering opportunities inSouth Carolina. MobilizeAmerica always has a variety of ways to get involved with voter registration events, campaign activities, engaging voters, etc. Just type in your zip code or city and see what’s available.
4. Support the South Carolina Democratic party. If you’re outside the state, you can donate to them, and if you’re in the state sign up to get their updates so you know when they’ll be running digital voter registration drives or need volunteers to help with a get out the vote effort.
5. Support South Carolina’s League of Women Voters. They organize voter registration drives and have events to inform and connect voters with the candidates.
Do you have other ideas of how we can kick out Lindsey Graham and replace him with a Democrat in the Senate in 2020, particularly ideas for folks outside the state who want to help? If so, please let me know in the comments. Thanks!
You might also like:
15 Ways to Help a Campaign Win Their Election
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.