Today, in reaction to the uprisings in Minneapolis and across the nation, to help us understand and to talk about what we can do, we speak first with Fox Hampton with Black Lives Matter Seattle King County, and then with John Miller with the Department of Human Resources with King County who is also a co-founder of a Black African affinity group for KC Employees.
Then, as part of our coverage of the Congressional race in the 10th CD, with speak with former Tacoma mayor, and former Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce CEO, Marilyn Strickland.
- “Settlers”: https://www.amazon.com/Settlers-Mythology-Proletariat-Mayflower-Kersplebedeb/dp/1629630373/ref=sr_1_1?crid=MRNV95OYHFFX&dchild=1&keywords=settlers+book&qid=1590789648&sprefix=settlers+book%2Caps%2C439&sr=8-
SUGGESTED ACTIONS FROM BLACK LIVES MATTER SEATTLE – KING COUNTY:
- We’re giving $500 to Louisville Community Bail Fund.
- Help pay bail to demonstrators arrested in Louisville protests. Organized by Black Lives Matter Louisville.
- We’re giving $500 to the North Star Health Collective
- We originally wanted to donate to the Minnesota Freedom Fund, which is directly helping individuals arrested in the recent protests. However, the MFF is urging people to donate to other groups, such as the North Star Health Collective, a group of medics who specialize in supporting protestors fighting for justice.
- We’re giving $500 to Black Visions Collective.
- Black Visions is a Black queer/trans led org who are in Minneapolis and have been on the frontlines of the protests.
- We’re giving $500 to Reclaim The Block.
- RTB is a coalition that pushes the city of Minneapolis to divest from policing and instead fund community-centered health and safety programs.
- We’re giving $500 to the George Floyd Memorial Fund.
- Funds will help support the Floyd family as they grieve, arrange a funeral, prepare for legal proceedings, and care for George Floyd’s children.
- We’re giving $500 to the Columbus Freedom Fund.
- We’re giving $500 to the NYC Liberty Fund.
- The Liberty Fund is a charitable bail fund that servers all areas on New York City, including areas where
DemCast is an advocacy-based 501(c)4 nonprofit. We have made the decision to build a media site free of outside influence. There are no ads. We do not get paid for clicks. If you appreciate our content, please consider a small monthly donation.